Re: Need help with view action for sending message to mug or maybe setting charset for HTML message to view it in browser

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema

Aug 7, 2016, 5:56:42 AM8/7/16
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Roman,

On Thursday Jul 28 2016, Roman Ant wrote:

> Hello, I have non-english messages in HTML format, and some of it without
> content charset derective in their "head" tag.
> If I will open it with "view actions in browser", charset is go wrong and
> no way to understand what text is in message body.
> I have only two options:
> 1) mu4e-msg2pdf, but then all links in message body will be dead
> 2) mu4e-shr2text, but with it not always so good formating
>
> As I find, "mug" makes right charset and formating for these messages.
> Is any way to create "view actions" for sending message to mug.
> Or some other hooks to open in browser with right charset.
> I'm no so good in Emacs Lisp and will be glad step by step instructions.

You can't really use `mug' for this since you can't control it from the
outside (such as from emacs).

If you use one of the emacs 25 pre-releases with xwidget-support,
there's also mu4e-action-view-with-xwidget, which is quite similar to
mug. Perhaps that works?

(add-to-list 'mu4e-view-actions
'("xViewXWidget" . mu4e-action-view-with-xwidget) t)

Kind regards,
Dirk.

--
Dirk-Jan C. Binnema Helsinki, Finland