Buffer problems when sending email

Gustavo

Jul 20, 2016, 1:41:11 PM7/20/16
to mu-discuss
Hello all.

I faced some problems with mu4e locating buffers a few days ago. That was fixed early this month by updating the code.

However, for about a week I notice that message-kill-buffer-on-exit is not working. I need to kill the buffer manually (and confirm since Emacs says the buffer was modified) after sending an email.

I also notice that my recent replies are not singled as such. An "R" is not shown on the headers view and flag:replied does not match them.

I find this strange, as I don't remember having changed anything (other than updating Emacs and its libraries, but I fail to understand how that would explain these matters).

Could someone please share an idea about what may be wrong with my system?
Thank you.

--
Gustavo

Gustavo

Jul 29, 2016, 2:28:17 PM7/29/16
to mu-discuss

On Wednesday, July 20, 2016 at 6:41:11 PM UTC+1, Gustavo wrote:
Hello all.
I faced some problems with mu4e locating buffers a few days ago. That was fixed early this month by updating the code.

However, for about a week I notice that message-kill-buffer-on-exit is not working. I need to kill the buffer manually (and confirm since Emacs says the buffer was modified) after sending an email.

I also notice that my recent replies are not singled as such. An "R" is not shown on the headers view and flag:replied does not match them.

I find this strange, as I don't remember having changed anything (other than updating Emacs and its libraries, but I fail to understand how that would explain these matters).

Hi. I just wanted to add that mu4e also does not seem to be removing my drafts when sending the email.
Thank you.
--
Gustavo

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema

Jul 29, 2016, 2:48:29 PM7/29/16
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gustavo,

On Friday Jul 29 2016, Gustavo wrote:

> On Wednesday, July 20, 2016 at 6:41:11 PM UTC+1, Gustavo wrote:
>>
>> Hello all.
>> I faced some problems with mu4e locating buffers a few days ago. That was
>> fixed early this month by updating the code.
>>
>> However, for about a week I notice that message-kill-buffer-on-exit is not
>> working. I need to kill the buffer manually (and confirm since Emacs says
>> the buffer was modified) after sending an email.
>>
>> I also notice that my recent replies are not singled as such. An "R" is
>> not shown on the headers view and flag:replied does not match them.
>>
>> I find this strange, as I don't remember having changed anything (other
>> than updating Emacs and its libraries, but I fail to understand how that
>> would explain these matters).

Well, updating emacs & libraries could certainly play a role here.

Can't reproduce the behavior you mention -- can you reproduce it with a
minimal setup, ie. emacs -q and load mu4e, but nothing else?

It might be something causes an error up sending, so the normal
buffer-closing (and "replied"-flagging) don't get a chance to do their
thing.

If the problem goes away, there might be some interaction between other
packages; if the problem is still there, please file an issue;
https://github.com/djcb/mu/issues
with some precise steps to reproduce the problem (and all relevant details).

> Hi. I just wanted to add that mu4e also does not seem to be removing my
> drafts when sending the email.
> Thank you.

See the earlier discussion on that; e.g.
https://github.com/djcb/mu/issues/837

Cheers,
Dirk.

--