how to avoid mu4e interference with org-journal keymapping?

Jeff Templon

Nov 24, 2016, 5:51:37 AM11/24/16
to mu-discuss
the key in question: C-c C-j which inserts an entry in org-journal.  Doesn't work from a mu4e buffer:

C-c C-j runs the command gnus-delay-article (found in
mu4e-compose-mode-map), which is an interactive autoloaded compiled
Lisp function in ‘gnus-delay.el’.

It is bound to C-c C-j, <menu-bar> <Message> <Send at Specific
Time...>.

(gnus-delay-article DELAY)

[ ... ]

how can I avoid this happening?  Thanks!

JT

Joost Kremers

Nov 24, 2016, 6:11:35 AM11/24/16
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
How / where is `C-c C-j` bound? In my Emacs, that combo isn't
bound at all. If it's a global binding that you configured
yourself, you might consider using `C-C j` instead, which is a
combo that no major or minor mode is supposed to override, since
`C-c <letter>` bindings are reserved for the user. (That's why
e.g., the org-mode manual suggests setting `C-c a`, `C-c l` and
`C-c c`, instead of org-mode setting them itself).

If it's a global setting configured by some package, it should be
enough to bind `C-c C-j` to nil in `mu4e-compose-mode-map`:

(define-key mu4e-compose-mode-map (kbd "C-c C-j") nil)

(Right now, I'm not sure if mu4e-compose-mode-map should be quoted
here or not. I use `bind-key` or usually the `:bind` keyword of
`use-package` to bind keys).

HTH

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments

Jeff Templon

Nov 24, 2016, 11:05:13 AM11/24/16
to mu-discuss
Hi Joost,

On Thursday, November 24, 2016 at 12:11:35 PM UTC+1, Joost Kremers wrote:

How / where is `C-c C-j` bound? In my Emacs, that combo isn't
bound at all. If it's a global binding that you configured
yourself, you might consider using `C-C j` instead, which is a

See here:

I didn't set it myself, all i did in .emacs is

(require 'org-journal)

Thanks for the suggestions, I will try them.  I am new to org mode, perhaps org-journal is not really what I'm looking for ...

              JT