Other tool for checking Maildir for errors ?

Thomas Radloff

Mar 8, 2018, 7:51:57 AM3/8/18
to mu-discuss
Hallo,

did anyone please have a hint for other helpful Maildir tools, to check for errors ?
I have a problem with "corrupted messages" during IMAP migration from one provider to another one.
But I don't know how to find these messages and how to see what is corrupt.

?

Regards,

Thomas

Yuri D'Elia

Mar 8, 2018, 9:05:57 AM3/8/18
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Mar 08 2018, Thomas Radloff wrote:
> I have a problem with "corrupted messages" during IMAP migration from one
> provider to another one.

Is this an error message coming from one of the IMAP servers, or it's
simply a result of the migration?

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema

Mar 10, 2018, 5:38:39 AM3/10/18
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Depends a bit on the kind of corruption; but you could run `mu index
--rebuild' [1]; if the messages are corrupted so that mu does not
recognize them as valid messages, it should give warning output.

Kind regards,
Dirk.

[1] and perhaps --muhome / --maildir, depending on your setup, see the
manpage

--
Dirk-Jan C. Binnema Helsinki, Finland
e:dj...@djcbsoftware.nl w:www.djcbsoftware.nl