Finding Mails

Martin

Mar 14, 2016, 7:34:56 AM3/14/16
to mu-discuss
Hi there,

I have some wishes, maybe you can help me with the config?
(if it doesn't work with mu4e, maybe you can give me a tool.  I have a
dovecot server with the sieve mailfilter)

For mailing lists (I have an extra emailaddress for that)

- I would like to find all the threads where I asked the question or
postet into it.
- I would like to find direct answers to my mails in the list.
- I would like to mark all threads, where I'm not involved as read by
default.
- I would like to delete all threads where I'm not involved after a
month (because I won't answer then anymore).  Threads where I'm involved
should be kept.
- I would like to mark a thread for deletion as once (instead of every
mail the single way)

Thanks for your help,
Martin

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema

Mar 14, 2016, 3:36:10 PM3/14/16
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martin,

On Monday Mar 14 2016, Martin wrote:

> I have some wishes, maybe you can help me with the config?

> (if it doesn't work with mu4e, maybe you can give me a tool. I have a
> dovecot server with the sieve mailfilter)
>
> For mailing lists (I have an extra emailaddress for that)
>
> - I would like to find all the threads where I asked the question or
> postet into it.

That should be covered by searching for the extra email address.

> - I would like to find direct answers to my mails in the list.
> - I would like to mark all threads, where I'm not involved as read by
> default.
> - I would like to delete all threads where I'm not involved after a
> month (because I won't answer then anymore). Threads where I'm involved
> should be kept.

That's not supported directly, but might be doable with a bit of guile /
shell scripting, if you're determined enough.

> - I would like to mark a thread for deletion as once (instead of every
> mail the single way)

That's easily done in mu4e (using 'TD' in headers-view).

Kind regards,
Dirk.

--
Dirk-Jan C. Binnema Helsinki, Finland