Is there a way to export Chats from Gmail?

Nick Barr

Apr 7, 2016, 12:28:30 PM4/7/16
to mu-discuss
Hi there, I'm brand new to mu, apologies if this has been answered already. Couldn't find it.

I successfully ran offlineimap + mu index on a particular label from my Gmail account.

When viewed on Gmail, this label includes various Chats (these have the subject "Chat with X").

When I do mu find subject:Chat I don't see any of these chats included.

is there a way to export Chats as well as emails?

Thanks!

Shivam Kalra

Apr 7, 2016, 1:11:19 PM4/7/16
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com

Hi Nick,

Nick Barr <nsb...@gmail.com> writes:

> [...] When viewed on Gmail, this label includes various Chats (these
> have the subject "Chat with X").
>
> When I do mu find subject:Chat I don't see any of these chats included.
> is there a way to export Chats as well as emails?

I've personally never exported chats through IMAP. However, have you
enabled 'Show in IMAP' option for chats in Gmail? It is under Setting ->
Labels -> Chats.

--
Regards,
Shivam