Hide folders

Justin Hornosty

Feb 16, 2015, 4:25:23 PM2/16/15
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Is there any way to hide certain folders in mu4e main?

I mainly want to hide folders with 0 mail (or 0 unread mail) in them as they clutter up my screen.

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema

Feb 18, 2015, 12:52:16 AM2/18/15
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
You can customize `mu4e-bookmarks'.

Cheers,
Dirk.

--
Dirk-Jan C. Binnema Helsinki, Finland
e:dj...@djcbsoftware.nl w:www.djcbsoftware.nl

Justin Hornosty

Feb 18, 2015, 12:31:59 PM2/18/15
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com

dj...@djcbsoftware.nl writes:

> On Monday Feb 16 2015, Justin Hornosty wrote:
>
>> Is there any way to hide certain folders in mu4e main?
>>
>> I mainly want to hide folders with 0 mail (or 0 unread mail) in them as
>> they clutter up my screen.
>
> You can customize `mu4e-bookmarks'.

Yes, and I do this, however is there no way to simply not show mailboxes
with either 0 unread messages or 0 messages at all?

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema

Feb 18, 2015, 6:11:32 PM2/18/15
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Not really; note that these are not "mailboxes", they are queries.

Presumbably one could try to run the corresponding queries in the
background and not show the corresponding bookmarks... but that would
require a bunch of code-changes.

Ken Mankoff

Feb 18, 2015, 6:25:46 PM2/18/15
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com

On 2015-02-18 at 18:11, Dirk-Jan C. Binnema <dj...@djcbsoftware.nl> wrote:
> Presumbably one could try to run the corresponding queries in the
> background and not show the corresponding bookmarks... but that would
> require a bunch of code-changes.

I thought someone on here recently posted dynamic bookmarks, where the
bookmark was generated by a function, not a static line. So it would
require code, but not mu4e code changes.

-k.

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema

Feb 18, 2015, 8:01:43 PM2/18/15
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Well... if you really want to, you could of course iterate over your
mu4e-bookmarks, run a background mu query (or perhaps use a mu-guile
script) for each of them, then update `mu4e-bookmarks' based on the
results.