emacs with mu4e cygwin html- FOUND SOURCE OF SYNTAX ERROR init.el

thirdsh...@gmail.com

Nov 5, 2017, 7:27:32 PM11/5/17
to mu-discuss
Hi-

I don't often code lisp or hack with it. I found that I can render the html in the browser right under cygwin but the problem is it is incorrect syntax for my emacs file and then I can't check my email.

Wah!! Talk about a tricky problem.

I found the line of offending code:

(add-to-list 'browse-url-filename-alist
                 '("/tmp/" . "file:///c:\cygwin64\tmp\"))

So it seems above will let you do:

Alt+X mu4e-view-action V

and the html will display correctly in the browser.

However, this throws an error message if you use::
emacs --init-debug.

The problem lies that for the browser trick to work the slashes are going the wrong way according to emacs.

So what is a good way arouund this?  Seems like I'd solve it a long time ago in
linux.

thx. for any pointers-
Jim McNamara