Display emails with a .eml attachment

Damien Cassou

Apr 16, 2015, 4:27:44 AM4/16/15
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I sometimes receive emails with empty body and just 1 attachment
containing a .eml file. What is the best way to handle these emails
(reply to them, open the possible attachments inside the .eml, ...)?

Thanks

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill

Igor Sosa Mayor

Apr 16, 2015, 11:58:34 AM4/16/15
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Damien Cassou <damien...@gmail.com>
writes:

> Hi,
>
> I sometimes receive emails with empty body and just 1 attachment
> containing a .eml file. What is the best way to handle these emails
> (reply to them, open the possible attachments inside the .eml, ...)?

I'm also interested in this question...

Foivos S. Zakkak

Apr 16, 2015, 2:04:00 PM4/16/15
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have set xdg to open *.eml files with emacs and added the following in
my configuration:

;; .eml files are emails
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.eml$" . mail-mode))

When an e-mail contains a *.eml attachment I press 'o' and the
corresponding number to open it in the current window.

It works fine for me.

Foivos
--
PGP: 7B40 69D9 29BA AE91 C0B3 220A 0846 BFD1 03F0 4EA1
signature.asc

Igor Sosa Mayor

Apr 16, 2015, 5:32:02 PM4/16/15
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Foivos S. Zakkak <fiv...@gmail.com>
writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have set xdg to open *.eml files with emacs and added the following in
> my configuration:
>
> ;; .eml files are emails
> (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.eml$" . mail-mode))
>
> When an e-mail contains a *.eml attachment I press 'o' and the
> corresponding number to open it in the current window.

aha... interesting! Thanks!