Possible small bug

Gustavo

Jul 18, 2016, 11:07:10 AM7/18/16
to mu-discuss
Hello. I have been noticing some erratic behaviour from mu4e. I am using mu4e with Spacemacs, so I don't know if someone else can reproduce it.

SETUP:
  1. Open the inbox in mu4e
  2. Update the inbox (C-S-u)
  3. Receive one single new message

Now I see the cursor/point on the second row. If I press the "up" arrow, the email selected jumps to somewhere mid-screen.
I have also noticed that the "refile" key was operating on the wrong emails (on the middle of the screen, not the ones at the top) immediately after updating the inbox. It may be the same problem.

Can someone else observe this behaviour I describe?
Thank you.

--
Gustavo

Eduardo Mercovich

Jul 25, 2016, 6:01:10 PM7/25/16
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gustavo.

> [...] 1. Open the inbox in mu4e
> 2. Update the inbox (C-S-u)
> 3. Receive one single new message
> Now I see the cursor/point on the second row. If I press the "up"
> arrow, the email selected jumps to somewhere mid-screen.
> I have also noticed that the "refile" key was operating on the wrong
> emails (on the middle of the screen, not the ones at the top)
> immediately after updating the inbox. It may be the same problem.

> Can someone else observe this behaviour I describe?

Not here... what mu4e version do you have?

--
eduardo mercovich

Donde se cruzan tus talentos
con las necesidades del mundo,
ahí está tu vocación.

Gustavo

Jul 27, 2016, 10:17:29 AM7/27/16
to mu-discuss

On Monday, July 25, 2016 at 11:01:10 PM UTC+1, Eduardo Mercovich wrote:
Hi Gustavo.

> [...] 1. Open the inbox in mu4e
> 2. Update the inbox (C-S-u)
> 3. Receive one single new message
> Now I see the cursor/point on the second row. If I press the "up"
> arrow, the email selected jumps to somewhere mid-screen.
> I have also noticed that the "refile" key was operating on the wrong
> emails (on the middle of the screen, not the ones at the top)
> immediately after updating the inbox. It may be the same problem.

> Can someone else observe this behaviour I describe?

Not here... what mu4e version do you have?

Hmm... 0.9.17 C, pulled from the Git repository.
Maybe it is because I am using it with Spacemacs instead of regular Emacs...?

Occasionally I press the "down" arrow key and the cursor jumps to the middle of the email list, too. But that is harder to replicate.

--
Gustavo

Eduardo Mercovich

Jul 31, 2016, 6:25:57 PM7/31/16
to Mu Discuss

Hi Gustavo.

[...]

>> Not here... what mu4e version do you have?

> Hmm... 0.9.17 C, pulled from the Git repository.
> Maybe it is because I am using it with Spacemacs instead of regular Emacs...?

That is quite possible. Try loading emacs without other configuration -just the basic mu4e setup- and check if it still happens. :)

Best...