Note for mu4e users on Arch Linux

Charles-H. Schulz

Jan 14, 2017, 5:46:13 AM1/14/17
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

There was an update to the xapian library yesterday for Arch Linux (the xapian-core package) and it has rendered mu and mu4e unusable no matter what version you are using. There are currently two possible solutions out of this:
- rebuild mu against xapian by using pacaur as explained on Reddit :
pacaur -S mu --rebuild

- however for those not using pacaur like me, simply uninstall
and reinstall (rebuild) mu from the AUR repository using any of your favourite AUR assistants like yaourt.

Hope this helps,

Charles.

Magnus Therning

Jan 16, 2017, 1:50:22 AM1/16/17
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Yupp, noticed this myself the other day :)

Just in case you didn't know, there's a package `mu-git` for those of us
who like living dangerously.

/M

--
Magnus Therning OpenPGP: 0x927912051716CE39
email: mag...@therning.org jabber: mag...@therning.org

Finagle's Second Law:
Always keep a record of data — it indicates you've been working.
signature.asc

Charles-H. Schulz

Jan 16, 2017, 7:41:54 AM1/16/17
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com

Le lun. 16 janv. 2017 07:50, Magnus Therning <mag...@therning.org> a écrit :

Charles-H. Schulz <charles....@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> There was an update to the xapian library yesterday for Arch Linux (the
> xapian-core package) and it has rendered mu and mu4e unusable no matter
> what version you are using. There are currently two possible solutions out
> of this:
> - rebuild mu against xapian by using pacaur as explained on Reddit :
>
> pacaur -S mu --rebuild
>
> - however for those not using pacaur like me, simply uninstall
>   and reinstall (rebuild) mu from the AUR repository using any of your
> favourite AUR assistants like yaourt.

Yupp, noticed this myself the other day :)

Just in case you didn't know, there's a package `mu-git` for those of us
who like living dangerously.

Yes there is however it does not seem to be that frequently updated. I use the other one or just grab the original Github package...

Best,

Charles.

Magnus Therning

Jan 17, 2017, 5:50:40 AM1/17/17
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
As is expected of a `-git` package, you have to recompile it regularly
yourself to pull in changes from github :)

/M

--
Magnus Therning OpenPGP: 0x927912051716CE39
email: mag...@therning.org jabber: mag...@therning.org
twitter: magthe http://therning.org/magnus

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.
— Hector Louis Berlioz
signature.asc