Local Drafts folder?

Hippo Man

Sep 5, 2016, 12:25:49 AM9/5/16
to mu-discuss
I have several IMAP accounts and folders which I am managing via offilineimap.

However, in mu4e, I'd like to have a single Drafts folder which holds all the drafts for all the emails that I am writing, irrespective of the account.

Also, I don't want this Drafts folder to be part of the offlineimap directory structure. I'd like it to be a maildir in a different location within my local filesystem. In other words, it would not be located in any subdirectory of `mu4e-maildir'.

Is there any way to specifiy a full pathname for my Drafts folder which will used as is, without it being concatenated to`mu4e-maildir'?

Thank you.

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema

Sep 5, 2016, 1:36:21 AM9/5/16
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

> I have several IMAP accounts and folders which I am managing via
> offilineimap.
>
> However, in mu4e, I'd like to have a single Drafts folder which holds all
> the drafts for all the emails that I am writing, irrespective of the
> account.

That's easy; in fact, that's the default behavior.

> Also, I don't want this Drafts folder to be part of the offlineimap
> directory structure. I'd like it to be a maildir in a different location
> within my local filesystem. In other words, it would not be located in any
> subdirectory of `mu4e-maildir'.

You can keep your drafts out of the offlineimap structure either
excluding it from syncing. Alternatively, you could do something like:

Maildir/account1
Maildir/account2
Maildir/drafts

Maildirs must live under `mu4e-maildir' structure though.

Cheers,
Dirk.

--
Dirk-Jan C. Binnema Helsinki, Finland
e:dj...@djcbsoftware.nl w:www.djcbsoftware.nl

Hippo Man

Sep 5, 2016, 8:42:27 AM9/5/16
to mu-discuss
OK. I can live with Drafts under mu4e-maildir as long as I excluse it from syncing.

Thank you.