Open org-mode link to mu4e message in new frame

Josiah Schwab

Mar 14, 2016, 5:11:28 PM3/14/16
to mu-discuss
Hello,

How can one instruct mu4e to open a link to message from an org-mode
file in a new frame?

When I follow a [mu4e:msgid:xxxx] link with C-c C-o, I would like the
message to open in a new frame. I am looking for behavior similar to
when I compose a new message with mu4e-compose-in-new-frame set to t.

Other mail clients such as GNUS or wl appear to provide options that one
can configure via customizing org-link-frame-setup, but I didn't see
anything there applicable to mu4e.

Thanks,
Josiah

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema

Mar 14, 2016, 5:46:22 PM3/14/16
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Josiah,
You could probably get it to work by advising
`mu4e-view-message-with-message-id`. If that works, perhaps some kind
can turn it into a built-in function for mu4e.

Kind regards,
Dirk.

--
Dirk-Jan C. Binnema Helsinki, Finland
e:dj...@djcbsoftware.nl w:www.djcbsoftware.nl

Ken Mankoff

Mar 20, 2016, 5:06:57 AM3/20/16
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com

On 2016-03-14 at 17:46, Dirk-Jan C. Binnema <dj...@djcbsoftware.nl> wrote:
> On Monday Mar 14 2016, Josiah Schwab wrote:
>> How can one instruct mu4e to open a link to message from an org-mode
>> file in a new frame?
>>
> You could probably get it to work by advising
> `mu4e-view-message-with-message-id`. If that works, perhaps some kind
> can turn it into a built-in function for mu4e.

(defun kdm/mu4e-link-in-new-frame (MSGID) (select-frame (make-frame)))

(advice-add 'mu4e-view-message-with-message-id :before 'kdm/mu4e-link-in-new-frame)

-k.