Restricting the list of targets for copy/move/etc.?

Hippo Man

Dec 17, 2016, 8:43:03 AM12/17/16
to mu-discuss
I recently asked this question in a different topic, but I tied it in  with mu4e-maildirs-extension, which is actually a side-issue that distracts from what I am actually trying to accomplish. So I'm asking this again here, this time, without any further reference to mu4e-maildirs-extension.

Is there any way for the selection menu of targets that comes up when doing a move or copy to be restricted to a limited subset of folders within my offlineimap-managed Maildir directories?

I have quite a few of such folders, but I only want a few of these to be eligible as targets for copy and move.

It's inconventient to have to deal with the entire list of folders, every time I want to copy or move messages to a folder within the small subset of folders that are eligible targets.

I couldn't find any way to limit the folders that pop up within this target list, but perhaps I am missing something.

Thank you very much.
.

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema

Dec 17, 2016, 12:17:22 PM12/17/16
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Either you're missing something or I'm misunderstanding what you want
:-)

When moving messages (ie., pressing 'm' the headers-list), you get a
list of your choosing, determined by `mu4e-maildir-shortcuts`, and the
special choice 'o' for 'other' for the whole list.

In many cases, it might be possible to figure out the desired target
folder programmatically by setting the appropriate value for the
`mu4e-refile-folder', see the section `(mu4e) Smart refiling` in the
manual.

In my personal setup, in >90% of the cases, refiling picks up the
correct target folder.

Hope this helps,
Dirk.

--
Dirk-Jan C. Binnema Helsinki, Finland
e:dj...@djcbsoftware.nl w:www.djcbsoftware.nl

Hippo Man

Dec 17, 2016, 5:52:14 PM12/17/16
to mu-discuss
Yes! I was indeed missing the fact that the target list comes from mu4e-maildir-shortcuts.

I now see that I can change that list to whatever targets I wish.