Few questions

Divan Santana

Sep 19, 2016, 6:12:18 AM9/19/16
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Hope you all keeping well!

A few more Qs from me...

1) If I open a specific email in an thread(perhaps via search). Now I'd
like to press a keybinding to bring forward the entire email thread so I
can go back and forth in the email thread. Sure many of you have this
working.

2) I, like many others, have many of my bulk emails going to a
"bulkinbox" folder.

How does one then easily filter/sort to only show emails in that folder
pertaining to a certain list?

So how do you all easily go through all your various mailing lists if
they all go into one bulk email directory?

Sorting by list would help, though I think that can't be done in mu4e.

Sure there is some other way.

Think that's all my Qs for now :)

Have a great day further
--
Best regards,

Divan Santana

Divan Santana

Sep 19, 2016, 7:07:19 AM9/19/16
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com

Divan Santana <di...@santanas.co.za> writes:

> How does one then easily filter/sort to only show emails in that folder
> pertaining to a certain list?

For now I do mu4e-headers-search-narrow then search for something like

List: mu-discuss.googlegroups.com

Eduardo Mercovich

Sep 19, 2016, 7:53:51 AM9/19/16
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Divan.

> 1) If I open a specific email in an thread(perhaps via search). Now I'd
> like to press a keybinding to bring forward the entire email thread so I
> can go back and forth in the email thread. Sure many of you have this
> working.

It comes with mu4e. (A)ction, (S)how thread.
https://www.djcbsoftware.nl/code/mu/mu4e/Actions.html#Actions

> 2) I, like many others, have many of my bulk emails going to a
> "bulkinbox" folder.
> How does one then easily filter/sort to only show emails in that folder
> pertaining to a certain list?
> So how do you all easily go through all your various mailing lists if
> they all go into one bulk email directory?
> Sorting by list would help, though I think that can't be done in mu4e.

You create as many bookmarks (saved searches) as you like, even if all
your mail is in 1 folder.
https://www.djcbsoftware.nl/code/mu/mu4e/Bookmarks.html#Bookmarks

All this is in the manual.
https://www.djcbsoftware.nl/code/mu/mu4e/

Best...

--
eduardo mercovich

Donde se cruzan tus talentos
con las necesidades del mundo,
ahí está tu vocación.

Divan Santana

Sep 19, 2016, 8:33:22 AM9/19/16
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eduardo,

Eduardo Mercovich <eduardo....@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Divan.
>
>> 1) If I open a specific email in an thread(perhaps via search). Now I'd
>> like to press a keybinding to bring forward the entire email thread so I
>> can go back and forth in the email thread. Sure many of you have this
>> working.
>
> It comes with mu4e. (A)ction, (S)how thread.
> https://www.djcbsoftware.nl/code/mu/mu4e/Actions.html#Actions

That I missed. Whoops. Very helpful and overdue. Thanks!

>> 2) I, like many others, have many of my bulk emails going to a
>> "bulkinbox" folder.
>> How does one then easily filter/sort to only show emails in that folder
>> pertaining to a certain list?
>> So how do you all easily go through all your various mailing lists if
>> they all go into one bulk email directory?
>> Sorting by list would help, though I think that can't be done in mu4e.
>
> You create as many bookmarks (saved searches) as you like, even if all
> your mail is in 1 folder.
> https://www.djcbsoftware.nl/code/mu/mu4e/Bookmarks.html#Bookmarks

Thanks! I've played with bookmarks briefly when reading through the
manual.

Though kinda forgot about it. I'll set this up, should help a lot.

> All this is in the manual.
> https://www.djcbsoftware.nl/code/mu/mu4e/

Cool. I have read through it briefly and quickly. But clearly missed a
few things and a few things not yet sinked in. lol.

Thanks again.

Eduardo Mercovich

Sep 19, 2016, 8:47:13 AM9/19/16
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Divan.

[...]
>> https://www.djcbsoftware.nl/code/mu/mu4e/

> Cool. I have read through it briefly and quickly. But clearly missed a
> few things and a few things not yet sinked in. lol.

No problem, it can be too much at first and there is a mindset change
required to really aprehend all you can do with mu4e. :)