Help with SMTP settings

Charles-H. Schulz

Mar 15, 2015, 11:52:20 AM3/15/15
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have recently configured mu4e and I'm quite happy with it. However, as I'm still in the process of transitioning my workflow to emacs in general I guess I'm not familiar with certain things. My big issue is that I can't seem to get my smtp configuration right. I am supposed to use smtp-multi as I have several email accounts. I took some example both from the manual and howtos from the Internet.

Basically it seems I cannot get to load my smtp-multi file; I don't quite get why; which as a result has my emacs fall back to a default smtp configuration based on the localhost (me@mycomputer) whenever I want to send a message.

I realize mu4e does not handle the sending of message; but configuring smtp options is somewhat obscure to me for emacs. First , here's the output I get about smtp-multi when I start emacs:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type" "smtpmail-multi")  require(smtpmail-multi)

Second, I copied and pasted the part of my init file that's related to mu4e; below in the same file there's my smtp-multi.el file; I've greyed out some credential details: http://ovh.to/jgiuPa

What did I do wrong? :-)

Thanks,

Charles.