how to make view buffer permanent?

Rodrigo Amestica

Dec 18, 2016, 11:18:42 AM12/18/16
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

how could I make the message in current mu4e-view buffer stay there
permanently? Such that after browsing through some other messages I
could quickly jump back to a buffer still holding the original message I
was reading.

It will also help if I could open the original message in its own frame
(C-x 5 2), to compare content with some other message at the same time.

Is all that possible?

Thanks,
Rodrigo

Marcin Borkowski

Dec 18, 2016, 12:43:44 PM12/18/16
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

this is a very good question - I'd also like to see that. I tried M-x
rename-buffer and clone-indirect-buffer-other-window, both to no avail.

> Thanks,
> Rodrigo

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski

Ben Maughan

Dec 19, 2016, 8:27:35 AM12/19/16
to mu-discuss, rame...@gmail.com
Hi,

My work-around for this is to use the view in browser action, which will open the message in your external browser or EWW. Using EWW is nice because then you have it effectively as a second fixed buffer. You could also view as pdf I suppose.

Cheers,
 Ben

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema

Dec 19, 2016, 8:42:11 AM12/19/16
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
It's not easily possible at this moment, without some tricks, as Ben
Maughan mentions. Messages are typically bound to headers-buffers, of
which there can be only one at a time.

Kind regards,
Dirk.

--