mu4e - error decrypting part: gpg/gpg2 not found

Ryan Tate

Jun 5, 2015, 3:08:02 PM6/5/15
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com
I’m able to decrypt gpg messages fine using mu view --decrypt, but mu4e is unable to decrypt. I set mu4e-decryption-policy to ‘ask to make sure it’s actually attempting, and it does ask, and when I tell it to decrypt, it writes an entry to the log saying

2015-06-05 14:45:13 [WARN] error decrypting part: gpg/gpg2 not found

I have at least two gpg-s: /usr/local/bin/gpg (installed by MacGPG/GPGTools) and /opt/local/bin/gpg (installed by MacPorts). There is also /opt/local/bin/gpg2.

GPG_AGENT_INFO is set (to /private/tmp/com.apple.launchd.Oi8A9jdHHO/Listeners_agent) and gpg-agent is always "running and available”.

I’m not sure why mu4e can’t see gpg, particularly since mu view can see it. It seems /usr/local/bin/gpg is in the default PATH (I commented out the MacPorts /opt path additions in .bash_profile, fired up a new Terminal, typed ‘which gpg’ and it pointed me there).

Is there any variable I can set to tell mu4e where to find gpg?
signature.asc

Damien Cassou

Jun 7, 2015, 3:31:52 AM6/7/15
to mu-di...@googlegroups.com

Hy Ryan,
what does (getenv "PATH") answers? (type it after <M-:>, the answer will
be in the *Messages* buffer).

same question and process for: exec-path.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill