Android tutorial at the next hack night (Feb 26)

Julia Evans

Feb 12, 2013, 9:29:46 AM2/12/13
to mtl-girl-hackers
We're really excited to announce that Gina Cook (http://gina.ilanguage.ca/) is giving a talk about getting started with Android development at the next hack night (http://mtlallgirlhacknight.eventbrite.ca/).

She's going to give a 30 minute talk about the basics, and then help out anyone who wants to get the tools to develop for Android set up on their machine.

Here's her summary of the talk. It will start around 6:15pm.

Title
"Up and running with Android Development in 30minutes"

What to bring  (if you want to debug or get started at the workshop)
* Your laptop
* Your Android
* Your Android's cable

What we'll cover:
* Basics (how is Android different from other OS in terms of building powerful apps out of existing components)
* Tips and tricks to get yourselves set up
* Tips and tricks for debugging to save yourselves hours of ache

Also, if you're interested in giving a talk/workshop like this at a future hack night, we're always looking for proposals. We know you all know about amazing things :)

Don't forget to register at http://mtlallgirlhacknight.eventbrite.ca/ if you plan to come -- Google has asked us to make sure that everyone registers in advance this time. You don't need to bring the registration confirmation with you.