Looking for Java and Android programmers for a study

annie...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2013, 3:00:53 PM6/5/13
to mtl-girl...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

We are researchers in the McGill School of Computer Science conducting a study related to programmers using code examples. When a programmer uses general search engines to find code examples, the information accompanying a returned link does not always contain adequate cues for determining whether the link leads to a useful code example. Our research project is to build an algorithm to shorten a code example so that a programmer can tell whether a code example is relevant to a given query by looking at the shortened version. We want to gain some insights as to how we can build this algorithm from this study.

We are looking for a number of participants. Participants will use an annotation tool we provide. The study usually takes place on the McGill campus but we can work out a mutually convenient location and time. The study should take approximately 90 minutes. To take part in this study, you must meet the following criteria:

1. You have at least one year of Java programming experience.

2. You have experience with the Android API (developed an Android application or have looked at the Android API).

If you meet the preceding criteria and are interested in participating in this study, please contact me via e-mail at annie...@cs.mcgill.ca. You will be monetarily compensated for your time with $20.

Thank you for your attention.

Annie Ying

Principal Investigator

PhD candidate at School of Computer Science, McGill University

Prof. Martin Robillard

Faculty Supervisor

Associate Professor at School of Computer Science, McGill University