Mozilla documentation sprint on Saturday

Julia Evans

Feb 4, 2013, 11:35:44 AM2/4/13
to mtl-girl-hackers
Mozilla Quebec is having a documentation sprint on Saturday. They're going to be working on make better documentation on web technologies, and translating existing documentation into French.

This is what they're working on: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/

They're also providing food and drinks :)

Anyone interested in going? I'm thinking I might go in the morning.

Here's the email they sent us about it:

Mozilla Québec is a community of people working to keep the Web open and free, but this doesn't happen with words only. This is why we are organizing our very first public event on February 09 (registering starting at 9:30am but attending to only a part of the event is ok too) at Caravan, 5333 avenue Casgrain, suite #1204 in Montréal. I have been briefly in contact (over Twitter) with Monica about this, and we would be super happy that some (all would be amazing) of you will be present !

In a nutshell, the focus is on developer documentation writing/editing/translating, basically any language (although, we'll only have support for languages and technologies covered on Mozilla Developer Network https://developer.mozilla.org/which is still a lot). Any contribution is worthy, the event is free (and will be bilingual) and we hope it will be a good time for attendants (we'll do our best in this direction). Attendance is limited, so get your tickets soon!

The event has gone public and everyone can now get a ticket and more information at http://mozqcdocsprint-feb13.eventbrite.ca/ and you are all more than welcome to the event.

Frédéric Bourgeon for Mozilla Québec