Accessing MTA Data - API Key

Aaron Donovan

Apr 10, 2014, 4:36:46 PM4/10/14
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
All,

Since the MTA began publishing its open data in 2008, over 200 mobile apps using MTA data have been launched by the developer community. We’re glad to be able to support this development, and we continue to seek new, valuable data releases that will benefit our customers.

That said, far too many third-party apps have neglected to download and host the data on their own servers.  This not only violates the long-published Terms and Conditions for use of MTA data, but places unnecessary strain on MTA servers at additional cost to the agency.

Beginning in a few weeks, all MTA data feeds will become accessible only through issuance of an API key. App developers must agree to the Terms and Conditions of this access and complete and submit an Online Registration Form. Once that form is reviewed and accepted, you will be issued a Developer's API key. The key will enable you to access the MTA's data feeds.

Click here to review the full terms and conditions of MTA data usage. In order to access data downloads, you must agree to these terms and conditions.

We encourage you to submit your Online registration Form today to ensure uninterrupted access to MTA data and a seamless experience for your mobile app customers.

-Aaron Donovan
on behalf of the MTA

Moshe Shitrit

Apr 10, 2014, 5:50:15 PM4/10/14
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aaron,

I have asked you in the past about accessing the subway real time feed.

it required an API Key.

the problem was, and still is that in order to get key, I had to provide a US address and phone.

since I do not have a US address because I live in Israel, i actually had to give up supporting the subway real time info in my app.

But still, I could provide real time info for the buses because it required a different key which does not require a US citizenship.

From your post here, it appears that in few weeks, i will not be able to provide any of the MTA info because i will not be able to get a key that is required.

Are you aware of that ?

Is that intentional or you will provide a way to get a key for non US residents?

Thanks

Moshe

Michael Mann

Apr 10, 2014, 6:55:32 PM4/10/14
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
FYI:
If you already have a Key from the Subway real time then you don't need to request another.

Thanks

Tien Wang

Apr 10, 2014, 10:42:23 PM4/10/14
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
Will this also include MTA Bus Time?

Tien

Moshe Shitrit

Apr 11, 2014, 5:14:31 AM4/11/14
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com

That’s the problem, I do not have a key.

Till now there were two mechanisms to get a key, for buses , there is a form and for subway, there another form.

It looks like now they are going to make a single mechanism to get a key, and that requires a US citizenship.

Thanks

Moshe

Emil Vaughan

Apr 11, 2014, 6:37:19 AM4/11/14
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to know what the policy is on people without a US address or phone number.

The form currently requires you to select a US state, zip code, and the phone number field only accepts phone numbers in US format.

Presumably the MTA does not want to limit usage to just folks with a US address, and this is just an oversight. It would be great to get clarification on this.

Aaron Donovan

Apr 11, 2014, 3:45:31 PM4/11/14
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
Moshe, Emil, All,

I am looking into whether we can add non-U.S. addresses and phone number into the web form.  I hope to have an update on that next week.  Sorry this isn't immediately clear.

-Aaron

Thanks

Michael Mann

Apr 13, 2014, 8:20:50 PM4/13/14
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
Aaron, Please give us a couple of weeks so we can implement the API key after the full url with parameter is given.

Thanks
Message has been deleted

Alexander Volnov

Apr 22, 2014, 10:36:13 AM4/22/14
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
Will the key be required to access the MTA Real-Time date feeds such as Service Status, Elevator/Escalator Status?

Thanks,
Alex

Moshe Shitrit

Apr 25, 2014, 4:05:53 PM4/25/14
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aaron,

On April 11, you replied to our questions saying that you will have an answer within one week.

since then you did not mention the API key for non US residents.

Toady I wanted to download the updated GTFS file and I found that I already do not have any access to any of the data.

The thing is that I already have a mobile app out there and till now i could at least access GTFS and real time bus times.

From today, i cannot access anything.

does that mean that from now own I have to stop the service to New Yorkers who use my app?

could you please what is behind the idea that MTA forbids non US residents to develop apps that use MTA data?

please advice what's next.

thanks

Moshe

Sunny

Apr 26, 2014, 8:37:14 AM4/26/14
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
For those of us who seek to manually download the feed for and not use it in an app, will there be an alternate human route to obtaining the data? (captcha, etc.)

Mark Boyd

Apr 28, 2014, 12:37:41 PM4/28/14
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aaron, i would like to cover this change in an article i am writing for ProgrammableWeb on the resources involved for smart cities who are trying to open up their public transport data via API. Are you able to contact me directly to arrange a couple of interview quotes?

For developers following this topic, i am interested in hearing about what apps you plan to develop using the MTA API key and how you plan to monetize those apps. I will also cover the international access issue in the article.

I hope it is okay to request this here, our readers on ProgrammableWeb include API developers who need to know about the introduction of these API key registration changes, and government IT staff who are trying to plan around the resource issues involved in opening up their data via API, so i believe MTA have a lot to offer with your expertise.

Mark

Aaron Donovan

Apr 29, 2014, 9:27:54 AM4/29/14
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
Hi Moshe,

I am assured that we are working on updating the web form to allow for non-US addresses.  I am sorry this is taking so long and I recognize that you are going through a frustrating experience.   Thank you for bearing with us while we rectify this matter.

-Aaron

Aaron Donovan

Apr 29, 2014, 9:36:55 AM4/29/14
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
Sunny, can you clarify what you are using it for and how you expect to grab it? I am only familiar with the term captcha as a security-filtering technology.

Sunny

Apr 29, 2014, 10:05:45 PM4/29/14
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
I'm talking about manually downloading the data - will there be a way to obtain the zip file from the MTA website without a key? Not a computer-initiated download, just a one-time thing for things like data analysis, research, visualizations, etc.

Will

May 2, 2014, 9:08:13 AM5/2/14
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aaron,

There are a few questions that still appear unanswered:
1. Will the service status feed currently hosted at  http://web.mta.info/status/serviceStatus.txt  require a key? Or will this just remain a public resource?
2. If I have an existing key for accessing MTA Bus Time, do I need to apply for a new key using the form you mentioned? Or will my old key continue to work?
3. Will I need to apply for a new key in order to access the data downloads e.g. the Bus GTFS data? Or might my existing MTA Bus Time key work for accessing this resource?

Best wishes,

Will
Developer of Bus New York City for iPhone

Aaron Donovan

May 13, 2014, 2:35:56 PM5/13/14
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
Hi Will,

Sorry for the slow response.   The service status feed currently hosted at  http://web.mta.info/status/serviceStatus.txt will require a key.   Existing keys will continue to work.  You will need a new key for each data set.

-Aaron

Andre

May 13, 2014, 7:02:07 PM5/13/14
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aaron,
             will the documentation be updated to show what the URI to access the API should be. Similar to the samples that are currently available (e.g http://web.mta.info/status/serviceStatus.txt?key=[KEY] &feed_id=ID). This would be greatly appreciated.

-Andre

CateContino

May 14, 2014, 10:58:30 AM5/14/14
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aaron. I requested an API key over a week ago with no response yet. How log should it take to get one?

Thanks,
Cate

Aaron Donovan

May 14, 2014, 11:28:12 AM5/14/14
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andre,

We haven’t decided on the final architecture yet. We don’t know if all the data will be served from one location.  Most likely we will keep the format which has been mentioned.

-Aaron

Aaron Donovan

May 14, 2014, 3:04:59 PM5/14/14
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
Hi Cate,

That is strange to hear.  It's automated, and should be fairly immediate.  We're looking into this.  Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

-Aaron
Message has been deleted

Aaron Donovan

May 15, 2014, 9:40:57 AM5/15/14
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
Cate,

I've confirmed that an email should show up almost immediately with info and links, and that a key was issued to you.  Perhaps our auto-generated email went into your spam folder?

-Aaron

clevercommute

May 20, 2014, 6:47:23 AM5/20/14
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
I have a similar use case.
I went through the process to get an API key...but now we are struggling to find out out we can simply download then new (NON-real-time) GTFS file.
Can someone please let me know the resolution of this?

Wayne R. Vincent

May 20, 2014, 7:38:35 AM5/20/14
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
Go to:  http://web.mta.info/developers/

Click on the hyperlink in the second paragraph titled:
 Click here to review the full terms and conditions of MTA data usage.

Scroll down to the bottom of the text for accepting the terms and click on:

The next screen should look familiar.

HTH

Wayne

clevercommute

May 20, 2014, 10:16:17 PM5/20/14
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
I found this to be very helpful. Thank you
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to mtadeveloperresources+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Moshe Shitrit

Sep 6, 2014, 2:51:59 AM9/6/14
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aaron,

it's been long since your last response and I wonder if there are going to be any changes regarding the ability to get access key for non US residents.

Do you think that it is better to just forget it ?

Thanks

Moshe

Aaron Donovan

Nov 4, 2014, 2:00:45 PM11/4/14
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
Hi Moshe,

This is finally fixed. Thank you for your patience while we processed this request. Sorry it took such a long time.

-Aaron

Moshe Shitrit

Nov 5, 2014, 1:54:02 AM11/5/14
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com

Hi Aaron,

Thank you,

I managed to register.

There is a slight problem with the phone numbers format, but it did not prevent me from registering.

Moshe

Bala Vellanki

Feb 6, 2015, 11:24:06 AM2/6/15
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aaron,

I requested the key and got the key. As soon as I login and use the key it gives a not accessible message saying no access.

Also it publishes a phone number that goes to well care..718-439-2222

Is there any resolution for this

Kenneth Salomon

Feb 6, 2015, 4:26:03 PM2/6/15
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
Same here. I requested a key and got a key instantly, but no access is associated to the key. I am hoping by waiting the issue will resolve itself

Aaron Donovan

Feb 7, 2015, 12:46:42 PM2/7/15
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bala,

Thanks. We're going to troubleshoot this.  Are you using the key to access Metro-North or LIRR data?  If so we may have to synch it manually.

-Aaron

John L

Feb 7, 2015, 3:55:21 PM2/7/15
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
 If you  PM me at my Gmail address, I will get you added asap.

Chris Butler

Feb 8, 2015, 4:41:42 PM2/8/15
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
I guess I'm in the same boat with the API, getting a no-access message after having received an API key.  pants AT orpheusdesign DOT com is the e-mail I registered with...

I did find that when I tried to run a node.js server to hit the API using application/x-protobuf ...
that at least I got a response back from the server, but it gave me back an error in parsing the response:

Error: Illegal wire type of unknown field 13 in Message .transit_realtime.FeedMessage#decode: 6
    at
ProtoBuf.Reflect.Message.decode (/Users/cbutler/Documents/webstorm/stamford/kiosk/node_modules/gtfs-realtime-bindings/node_modules/protobufjs/ProtoBuf.js:2132:39)
    at
Function.Message.decode (/Users/cbutler/Documents/webstorm/stamford/kiosk/node_modules/gtfs-realtime-bindings/node_modules/protobufjs/ProtoBuf.js:1982:41)

This was just using the vanilla google gtfs-realtime-bindings node.js module...

Anyway, it's great this data is publicly available.   I appreciate the effort you folks made to get it out there...

Cheers,

Shady Gabal

Feb 8, 2015, 6:48:28 PM2/8/15
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
I'm having the same problem
Message has been deleted

John Larsen

Feb 9, 2015, 12:59:40 AM2/9/15
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
Shady, I know you are trying to get the Subway feed.

Chris, Bala and Kenneth, are you trying to get the subway feed as well?

On Monday, February 9, 2015 at 12:40:54 AM UTC-5, John Larsen wrote:
Are you hitting the LIRR/MNR feed, the NYCT feed or the BusTime feed

Chris Butler

Feb 9, 2015, 2:50:57 AM2/9/15
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
I'm hitting the MNR feed.  That's the only one I'm interested in...

On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 12:40 AM, John L <lars...@gmail.com> wrote:
Are you hitting the LIRR/MNR feed, the NYCT feed or the BusTime feed
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to mtadeveloperreso...@googlegroups.com.

David Engelhardt

Mar 6, 2015, 2:03:37 PM3/6/15
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
I am having the same problem, I'm trying to access the MNR and LIRR feeds.

Ben Ervin

Mar 15, 2015, 2:57:14 PM3/15/15
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
I registered for an API key in January 2015 and am still being denied access to the real-time subway location feed (1,2,3,4,5,6,S, and L lines). I requested help from the MTA help email and they redirected me here. Can someone please help get me access?

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Ervin

Apr 9, 2015, 9:45:35 AM4/9/15
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
I registered for an API key in January 2015 and am still being denied access to the real-time subway location feed (1,2,3,4,5,6,S, and L lines). I requested help from the MTA help email and they redirected me here. I posted my original question on this group three weeks ago but still have not heard back from anyone. Can someone please help get me access?

Thanks,

Ben

John L

Apr 10, 2015, 8:22:35 AM4/10/15
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com

Hi Ben,  did you sign up at the datamine site for the key? There is also a BusTime site is why I am asking.

Ben Ervin

Apr 10, 2015, 9:18:54 AM4/10/15
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
I signed up at the datamine site.

Benjamin L. Ervin
(217)714-1253

John L

Apr 10, 2015, 10:03:06 AM4/10/15
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com

I will follow up with some folks at transit.

Ben Ervin

Apr 20, 2015, 3:28:36 PM4/20/15
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
Any progress?

Thanks,

Ben

William Hart

Apr 20, 2015, 6:31:34 PM4/20/15
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
I signed up for an API key in September last year on the datamine site. I have a message on my datamine account saying that the key is authorized for all feeds.   However, although it works fine for the subway feed, the LIRR and MNR feeds just return "Access Denied".

Does it need special authorization to get at the NMR and LIRR real-time feeds?

Thanks,
Bill

Any progress?

Thanks,

Benjamin L. Ervin
(217)714-1253

Aaron Donovan

Apr 20, 2015, 6:41:08 PM4/20/15
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
Yes, send an email to John Larsen at larsenjj at gmail. And he'll put you on the white list.

Alexander Perlyuk

Jun 17, 2015, 2:10:35 PM6/17/15
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
Hi John - I'm a registered developer with API key that was working fine for over a year.

Today all the sudden I am getting 'You have no access.' message when I try to access.It is a bit odd as it just stopped working without any notice.

I'm using Subway GTFS-RT feed, and have registered via data mine.

What needs to be done to re-enable my access? This a bit urgent on my side, I would appreciate if someone could look into this.

Thanks!
-Alex

On Thursday, April 10, 2014 at 4:36:46 PM UTC-4, Aaron Donovan wrote:
[...]

John L

Jun 17, 2015, 8:45:47 PM6/17/15
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
Agreed, I will be forwarding this note on to the group responsible for managing the feed.

Benjamin L. Ervin
(217)714-1253

Adnan

Jun 17, 2015, 9:12:41 PM6/17/15
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

I'm having the same issue. Do we need to contact someone directly? Our app is a live app, meaning we are in production and have around 500+ daily users so this is a bit urgent.

Thank you
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to mtadeveloperresources+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Benjamin L. Ervin
(217)714-1253

John L

Jun 17, 2015, 10:00:23 PM6/17/15
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
I have contacted the application manager and their supervisor. I have also opened an internal Help Desk ticket.

Benjamin L. Ervin
(217)714-1253

Alexander Perlyuk

Jun 17, 2015, 10:03:25 PM6/17/15
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your attention on this.

Adnan Suvalic

Jun 18, 2015, 9:06:58 AM6/18/15
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
Thank you John, I hope it's resolved soon.

Benjamin L. Ervin
(217)714-1253

Message has been deleted

Alexander Perlyuk

Jun 19, 2015, 1:04:57 PM6/19/15
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
Quick update.

Just checked again and everything seems to be back to normal now. Wish there were more transparency to this process.

Much thank to moderators for their help and assistance!

On Friday, June 19, 2015 at 12:55:11 PM UTC-4, Alexander Perlyuk wrote:
So its been over 2 days since the API keys were disabled... No response or action from anyone on MTA's side.

Thanks to John for submitting a ticket on this but there was no action or follow up on the ticket itself..

Looking through posts on this forum there are many other developers that are effected by this. There are live apps with thousands of users depending on the data - just blindly turning off API access w/o any notice is plain unacceptable in this day and age (especially when MTA depends on us, 3rd party developers to provide application support for their data).

I'm not sure what the affiliation of the moderators of this forum are with MTA - but please can someone escalate with proper channels at MTA & resolve this?

Thanks!

Adnan Suvalic

Jun 19, 2015, 1:11:35 PM6/19/15
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
Yup same here, all is back to normal. Please please do let us know if you are going to turn off our access. What is the point of having us register with all our contact info, having our api keys associated with our accounts if we will just loose access with no notice? This is really a huge deal, people would not download my app if the live data feed does not work since schedule data is really unreliable. Thank you again for helping us work through this but surely there is a better way.

Infinite Will Macon

Aug 5, 2015, 4:47:22 PM8/5/15
to mtadeveloperresources
Hi John,

Its kind of urgent! I'm also registered developer with API key that was working fine for over a year.
Today all the sudden I am getting "have no access" message and "Bad server response" when I try to access for the bus time data feed.

It is a bit odd as it just stopped working without any notice.

How to fix this issue in order to back to normal? Please help, its quite urgent as there many daily users out there. Thanks!

Oliver Shen

Aug 15, 2015, 9:20:37 AM8/15/15
to mtadeveloperresources
Hi, John:
   I registered for an API key few days ago, but I got "API key is not authorized or rate exceeded." for every request, such like :
http://bustime.mta.info/api/siri/vehicle-monitoring.json?key=<API KEY>&OperatorRef=MTA&VehicleRef=9531&LineRef=B54
Could you please take a look for me? thx a lot.
Oliver

   Thx for helping me.

John Larsen於 2015年6月17日星期三 UTC-4下午10時00分23秒寫道:

Benjamin L. Ervin
(217)714-1253

Laidig, David

Aug 15, 2015, 9:47:43 AM8/15/15
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
I'm having no trouble using a number of keys that have been issued recently, including using that call you mentioned.

Can you email me your key and the times you're having trouble?

Sep 25, 2015, 7:51:11 AM9/25/15
to mtadeveloperresources
Hi,
I created the developer API key but when using the http://bustime.mta.info/api/where/agencies-with-coverage.xml by given my API key, getting permission denied response.
Any help is highly appreciated.
regards,
vinod porwal.

Benjamin L. Ervin
(217)714-1253

theli...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2015, 9:00:47 AM9/26/15
to mtadeveloperresources
Hi Vinod - I am having the same problem. I've read in other posts to email your API to larsenjj at gmail .com, which I did but haven't heard from John yet. I imagine he is a busy man and might take some time for him to get the API whitelisted. Anyway, that's what I'm doing but still waiting.

Thanks

John L

Sep 26, 2015, 9:17:36 AM9/26/15
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
I just sent you an email

Benjamin L. Ervin
(217)714-1253

John L

Sep 26, 2015, 9:19:21 AM9/26/15
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
for Vinod, I have forwarded this to the BusTime managers and will follow up on Monday with them.

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 9:30 PM, <theli...@gmail.com> wrote:

Benjamin L. Ervin
(217)714-1253

Tony Laidig

Sep 27, 2015, 12:03:10 AM9/27/15
to mtadeveloperresources

Arka Bala

Sep 30, 2015, 10:49:43 AM9/30/15
to mtadeveloperresources
Hi All,

I am also having trouble with my API key that was supplied by MTA. Do you know who to contact to fix this?

Cheers

Arka

On Thursday, April 10, 2014 at 9:36:46 PM UTC+1, Aaron Donovan wrote:
[...]

Thomas Nolan

Oct 13, 2015, 4:37:28 PM10/13/15
to mtadeveloperresources
Hi John, I may need you to do this for me as well?  I also signed up, got an API key, and when I try to use it I get access denied.

Note: It looks like this message went to the wrong thread when I originally posted it.  Sorry for the double notification if this causes one.

Thanks,
Tom
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to mtadeveloperresources+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Benjamin L. Ervin
(217)714-1253

Message has been deleted

Isaac Levin

Nov 13, 2015, 9:46:25 AM11/13/15
to mtadeveloperresources
I am a bit lost here as well. First off, there are 2 different forms to fill out to get a token

http://datamine.mta.info/user/register (registered and got a key)

I am guessing they both have seperate value, but I am not sure which one I need to use to get the results I want. I am creating an app that gets how far a Train/Bus is from my particular location using voice. I know I can leverage the existing Apis to do this, but have no idea what I need to do and where I need to go, as it seems like the documentation is in the process of moving. Anyhelp would be great

Элеонора Литвак

Nov 19, 2015, 3:18:27 PM11/19/15
to mtadeveloperresources
Hello everybody!

I also have status Access denied for Long Island and Metro North data feeds.

Am I right that this is a problem for everybody and nobody has an access to this data???

Are there any terms when this will be fixed?

Thank you,
Eleonora

четверг, 10 апреля 2014 г., 23:36:46 UTC+3 пользователь Aaron Donovan написал:
[...]

John L

Nov 19, 2015, 6:01:17 PM11/19/15
to mtadeveloperresources

For the LIRR and MNR feeds, please send me your datamine api key in a private email to me. Do not post your key on the groups page.

Элеонора Литвак

Nov 20, 2015, 12:26:17 PM11/20/15
to mtadeveloperresources
Thank you, John!

I've sent the key to your email.

roncgi...@gmail.com

Nov 28, 2015, 6:53:00 PM11/28/15
to mtadeveloperresources
I registered with the MTA to have access to their data feeds, but I'm still receiving an "access denied" when I attempt to click on NYC Transit or LIRR data feeds.  How can I gain access?

-Ron

Kathy Walter

Dec 21, 2015, 9:08:08 AM12/21/15
to mtadeveloperresources
Hello John Larsen,

my developer also signed up for an API Key via the datamine website to access real-time data for

Long Island Rail Road
and
Metro-North Railroad

For any of the RT links on this website they got an "access denied" page. We were however successful in downloading the Real-Time Subway Locations data, so we assume it's not about the validity of the API Key...

Could you find out how we can also obtain the RT data for Long Island and Metro-North?

Thanks a mill

Kathy

Michael Justice

Dec 22, 2015, 12:25:40 PM12/22/15
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com

Is Larsen on vacation this week? I emailed my key for access and I haven't received a response yet.

MJ

John L

Dec 22, 2015, 4:00:42 PM12/22/15
to mtadeveloperresources
I am but I will do it :P

John L

Dec 22, 2015, 4:03:54 PM12/22/15
to mtadeveloperresources
Send me an email as I have not found yours with the api key

Элеонора Литвак

Dec 23, 2015, 1:57:09 PM12/23/15
to mtadeveloperresources
John,

I'm very sorry but I sent you my key for open access two times but nothing has been changed. Have you seen my letter?

Thanks

John D'Ausilio

Jan 6, 2016, 8:32:04 PM1/6/16
to mtadeveloperresources
John, I've sent a couple of private replies with my API key .. I'm unable to find your email address listed anywhere ..

John L

Jan 7, 2016, 7:48:22 AM1/7/16
to mtadeveloperresources
Send you api key to lars...@gmail.com (it should come up in my Google profile)

Jack Warner

Jan 12, 2016, 4:16:40 PM1/12/16
to mtadeveloperresources
Hi John,

I also just emailed with my API key to get access to the MNR real-time feeds.

Thanks for your help!

Justin Choi

Jan 25, 2016, 4:42:55 PM1/25/16
to mtadeveloperresources
Hi John,

I'm getting an unauthorized error while trying to use my API key.  I emailed you a couple weeks back, but haven't received any response.  It would be great if you could take a look.

Thanks!
Justin

Nick Blyumberg

Feb 24, 2016, 12:10:20 AM2/24/16
to mtadeveloperresources
I think I fall into the same group. I have an API key but whenever I try to look at a GTFS feed I get an [Access Denied] message. How can I get this fixed?

John L

Feb 24, 2016, 8:32:33 AM2/24/16
to mtadeveloperresources

I will be processing many today. Been a bit backlogged, my apologies.

Michael B. Justice

Feb 24, 2016, 9:43:31 AM2/24/16
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
Please make sure my key is on that list too :)
MJ

Nick Blyumberg

Feb 24, 2016, 9:27:32 PM2/24/16
to mtadeveloperresources
Tried tonight again, still got the same error message. Access denied
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to mtadeveloperresources+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Michael B. Justice

Feb 25, 2016, 2:02:25 PM2/25/16
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
Any update Mr. Larsen?
MJ

John L

Feb 28, 2016, 8:07:39 AM2/28/16
to mtadeveloperresources
Hi Nick, I do not have your API key to add to the MNR and LIRR feeds, can you send it to me?

Nick Blyumberg

Mar 15, 2016, 10:02:01 AM3/15/16
to mtadeveloperresources
Same issue John, I did message you the API key I was assigned a while ago and I just tested today and still have the same issue.

John L

Mar 15, 2016, 11:18:55 AM3/15/16
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
Just sent an email to you.

con...@daen-society.org

Mar 16, 2016, 8:51:02 AM3/16/16
to mtadeveloperresources
I am also getting "Permission Denied" using some of the tests that you provided here.  How can I get my key checked for proper activation?

Thanks!

On Tuesday, March 15, 2016 at 11:18:55 AM UTC-4, John Larsen wrote:
Just sent an email to you.

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 12:10 AM, Nick Blyumberg <nblyu...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Nancy Robasco

Mar 20, 2016, 10:49:32 AM3/20/16
to mtadeveloperresources
I have an API Key and i am also getting access denied

John L

Mar 20, 2016, 8:52:40 PM3/20/16
to mtadeveloperresources
send me your api key and I will get it registered or the LIRR and MNR feeds to lars...@gmail.com

Simon Karnis

Apr 12, 2016, 1:23:29 PM4/12/16
to mtadeveloperresources
Hi John

I am also getting "access denied" for LIRR and MNR feeds. I sent you an email request regarding this, but haven't yet been answered.

Cheers

lein...@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2016, 9:13:08 PM4/20/16
to mtadeveloperresources
Hi John,

I am also getting "Access Denied". I sent you an email with my account name and API key, but I haven't gotten a response. Would you be able to respond?

Thank you,

Daniel
Message has been deleted

Bryan P

Apr 22, 2016, 9:32:43 AM4/22/16
to mtadeveloperresources
Same Here. I am getting an access denied for my token. I have sent an email to John as well.
Message has been deleted

shankar.a...@gmail.com

Apr 23, 2016, 4:57:38 PM4/23/16
to mtadeveloperresources
Hi John,

I have sent you an email requesting my key to be added to the whitelist for MNR and LIRR. Please do help me out with that. Thanks!

Ganaraja NG

May 13, 2016, 6:25:48 AM5/13/16
to mtadeveloperresources
Hi Aaron,

I am getting error as below when I tried accessing using the key

http://bustime.mta.info/api/siri/stop-monitoring.json?key='     '&OperatorRef=MTA&MaximumStopVisits=1&MonitoringRef=308638

I used my developer key but it is giving the following error.

{"Siri":{"ServiceDelivery":{"ResponseTimestamp":"2016-05-13T05:38:59.070-04:00","VehicleMonitoringDelivery":[{"ResponseTimestamp":"2016-05-13T05:38:59.070-04:00","ErrorCondition":{"OtherError":{"ErrorText":"API key is not authorized or rate exceeded."},"Description":"API key is not authorized or rate exceeded."}}]}}}

Kindly let me know the fix for the problem at the earliest.

Thanks,
Ganaraja
It is loading more messages.