git stash completion

Mathieu CLAVEL

Jan 17, 2012, 11:08:36 AM1/17/12
to msy...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm using mysgit 1.7.8 on XP.

I think the stash name completion has a problem.
I don't know if it's a problem from my system, mysgit or git.

Here are the steps to reproduce (you need to have at least 2 stashed commits).
+ tab => means using the tab to autocomplete the current command. Left part is before completion, right tab is after completion.

$ git stash list
stash@{0}: WIP on feature/preservation_offres: 7f2c9a8 import.cmd : import par lot de 10.000 contrats
stash@{1}: WIP on feature/echeancier: ddb7bb0 Mockito : 1.8.5 -> 1.9.0

$ git stash drop + tab => $ git stash drop stash@{

$ git stash drop stash@{0
+ tab => $ git stash drop stashstash@{0}

I don't know if it's relevant, but I also have 'git flow' and 'git flow completion' installed, and as said in a previous thread, 'git flow completion' isn't working with alias : https://groups.google.com/d/msg/msysgit/UnBHlY9eAK0/JfdH7q2hcsAJ

Regards,

Mathieu

Pat Thoyts

Jan 19, 2012, 6:27:40 AM1/19/12
to msy...@googlegroups.com, Mathieu CLAVEL

This is more likely to get some response from the main git mailing
list I think. It is not specifically msysgit related.

Message has been deleted

Mathieu CLAVEL

Jan 19, 2012, 8:36:26 AM1/19/12
to msy...@googlegroups.com, Mathieu CLAVEL

Mathieu CLAVEL

Jan 20, 2012, 8:23:10 AM1/20/12
to msy...@googlegroups.com, Mathieu CLAVEL
So, from the response of Thomas RAST [1], the problem come from the bash version.
Completion is working for him with bash 4.2.10, but is broken with bash 3.1 and 4.0-rc1.
Maybe msysGit should embed a newer version of bash.

Mathieu

[1] http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/188822

Sebastian Schuberth

Jan 22, 2012, 5:28:28 AM1/22/12
On 20.01.2012 14:23, Mathieu CLAVEL wrote:

> So, from the response of Thomas RAST [1], the problem come from the bash
> version.
> Completion is working for him with bash 4.2.10, but is broken with bash
> 3.1 and 4.0-rc1.
> Maybe msysGit should embed a newer version of bash.

Upstream MSYS only has bash-3.1.17-4 [1], so unless someone is willing
to contribute an mingw-get package to MSYS, it's highly unlikely msysGit
will come with a newer bash version.

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/MSYS/Base/bash/

--
Sebastian Schuberth