Re: [msgpack] msgpack-java v0.6.8

Murat ÖZDEMiR

Aug 21, 2013, 12:22:10 PM8/21/13
to msg...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

i wish to use msgpack within Gemalto (Cinterion) TC65i GSM/GPRS module in the scope of CLDC 2.0 J2ME.

How can we adapt current msgpack into J2ME?

Best regards,
Murat OZDEMIR

2013/8/21 Mitsunori Komatsu <koma...@gmail.com>
Hi guys,

I released msgpack-java v0.6.8. This release includes some improvements and bug fixes!

Change log:

  BUG FIXES
    Replaces method calls of LinkedList#peek{First,Last}() into get{First,Last}() within LinkedBufferInput class (pull request #18)
    Makes encoding byte[][] work correctly (pull request #24)
    Ports SimpleImmutableEntry for Android2.2 or below (pull request #27)
    Fixes to check upper bound and lower bound of IntAccept#acceptInteger(long) correctly (pull request #43)

  IMPROVEMENTS
    MSGPACK-83 Gracefully handling new enum value with OrdinalEnum (pull request #26)
    Refactors some jar dependencies for Android
    Adds MessagePack#read(byte[] bytes, int off, int len, Class<T> c)
    Changes README format to Markdown
    Supports maven-findbugs-plugin

Thank you for your contribution and feedback.

Murat ÖZDEMİR

Mitsunori Komatsu

Aug 22, 2013, 10:30:14 AM8/22/13
to msg...@googlegroups.com
Hi Murat,

It's an interesting topic for me. But unfortunately, I'm not familiar with J2ME.

Can you tell me if the J2ME version is corresponding to JRE1.6? If so, it's possible MessagePack works on the module.

Thanks,
Mitsu

Murat ÖZDEMiR

Aug 22, 2013, 11:56:22 AM8/22/13
to msg...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mitsu,

thank you for your reply.

I saw that i've written CLDC version incorrect. Module supports JSR 139, CLDC 1.1, MIDP 2.0 API.

So, according to Eclipse IDE (which we develop embedded Java) class file compatibility is 1.1 and source file compatibility 1.3;

Satır içi resim 1

I wish to use msgpack in our M2M and IoT applications with both java and ANSI C (running on microcontrollers).

Best regards,
--
Murat OZDEMIR

2013/8/22 Mitsunori Komatsu <koma...@gmail.com>
j2me.JPG

Mitsunori Komatsu

Aug 24, 2013, 9:33:02 PM8/24/13
to msg...@googlegroups.com
Hi Murat,

MessagePack-Java uses generics, so unfortunately I think msgpack-java won't work on the module.

Regards,
Mitsu