Library compatibility

Marius Shekow

Jun 17, 2014, 7:41:28 AM6/17/14
to msg...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

we want to use msgpack to transfer data from iPhone and Android to a python-based server. We saw that there are large difference regarding the last point time the respective implementations were updated.

I want to point out that we need to be able to produce the "same" file on iOS (Objective C) and Android (Java) to be read by the python implementation. Is it safe to use the currently most recent versions of any implementation, or should I e.g. use an older version of the java implementation because the iOS/Objective-C library is also older?

Best regards!
Marius

INADA Naoki

Jun 17, 2014, 9:00:45 AM6/17/14
to msgpack
Hi, Marius.

I'm maintainer of msgpack-python.

Packer in msgpack-python produces old format by default.
And Unpacker accepts both of old and new format.
So you can use newest msgpack-python for old formats.

I don't know much about Java implementation...

INADA Naoki <songof...@gmail.com>