stock status in Google

MarcoMot0

Dec 16, 2013, 6:30:28 PM12/16/13
to msem...@googlegroups.com
Hi, i got the Magento MSemantic extension working in no time without any trouble. Google is even already showing some results only 2 days after implementing!
But I got a queston about stock status. When the inventory level of a product is 0 or less Google will display ' sold out' (or actually in my case, because in Dutch: Uitverkocht)
The item is not sold out at all, it's availabe on request. So a better status would be 'not in stock' (or in Dutch: ' niet op voorraad') 'Sold out' implies that it can not be ordered anymore. Now how on earth do I get Google to show a stock status that fits my situation better?

This now shows as 'sold out'

This shows as ' in stock'

Is it Google itself that concludes inventory = 0 means its sold out? I suppose I could comment out the lines of code about Inventory in the php-file so it doesn't render inventory level at all, but i'm not sure if that's a wise thing to do.