username and password

Pjinb...@hotmail.com

Mar 23, 2018, 2:43:12 AM3/23/18
to MQTT
Hi,

can anybody help me I have written a very simple program that polls a number of inputs on a IOPi card and if they have changed state published a MQTT message which goes to my Mosquitto server on a pi also running Home Assistant.

All works great if I allow the broker to accept connections without a password and username.

I will be using this method for a house alarm so really want to enable the username and password in Paho - I do not seam to be able to make this work any help on how I set them up would be great.

thanks All.

Thomas

Mar 26, 2018, 7:39:31 AM3/26/18
to MQTT
Hi,

Please check the documentation of the client you are using. I assume that somewhere in the connect options you need to provide the username/password.

Good luck,
Thomas