Connection reset by peer, 104

Di Li

Aug 22, 2016, 1:54:42 PM8/22/16
to MQTT
Hi there,

I am developing a embedded system and using Atmel winc1500 to connect to realize MQTT communication.

I encountered a very strange problem.

When I using the WIFI which is provided my my android phone (the phone works as WiFI access point, and it has LTE connection), it works perfectly, i.e., my embedded system can communicate with other MQTT clients via many different online brokers.

But when I switched to use home WiFi, (which has the same security measures with the one provided by my phone, i.e. WPA2 personal), my embedded system can not connect to the broker anymore.

My client got "Connection reset by peer" error, and the broker side could not see my attempts to connect.

I used to suspect the ISP may have blocked the 1883 port, but other mqtt client (MQTTLens, which also uses the port 1883) on my laptop works well.

Could anyone provide me some tips?

Thanks!