MQTT-SN Java Gateway and Client now contributed to Paho

Ian Craggs

Oct 11, 2014, 6:32:27 AM10/11/14
to mq...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I've just added three MQTT-SN components to Paho, in the

git.eclipse.org/c/paho/org.eclipse.paho.mqtt-sn.apps.git

directory.  This is MQTT-SN code that was written in IBM Zurich around 2008 when the MQTT-SN (or MQTTS) specification was being drawn up.  It consists of:

1. A Java MQTT-SN to MQTT gateway (MQTTSN-Gateway)
2. A java MQTT-SN client (MQTTSN-UDP-Client)
3. A C MQTTSN-C-Client (MQTTSN-C-Client)

The Java gateway and client work as they are -- I tried them out today.

The C client is a framework which has a network layer which needs completion to work.  I haven't tried that out.  In any case, I expect it to be superseded by the MQTT-SN C/C++ embedded clients of which I have completed the first layer (in http://git.eclipse.org/c/paho/org.eclipse.paho.mqtt-sn.embedded-c.git/). That is, unless anyone finds a particular use for it.

--
Ian Craggs
IBM

András Tömpe

Mar 9, 2015, 7:02:44 AM3/9/15
to mq...@googlegroups.com
Have anyone tried MQTT-SN to MQTT gateway (MQTTSN-Gateway)
in production maybe
i have seen alarming TODO-s in the source code

Ian Craggs

Mar 9, 2015, 5:14:22 PM3/9/15
to mq...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

this code is meant to be used as a basis for enhancement or an idea of how to implement a gateway.  It's not meant to be production ready at this point.

Ian