MQTT-S(N) brokers

Filipe Nicoli

Apr 29, 2016, 2:11:05 PM4/29/16
to MQTT
Hi everybody.

I'm implementing a mesh network that will not be able to handle regular MQTT over TCP due to several network constraints.
I downloaded RSMB from eclipse but the Topic ID implementation is messed up.

According to the MQTT-S(N) spec 1.2, clients should receive a Topic ID to publish to after REGISTERing the topic (as a string).
Both Eclipse's RSMB and this guy's RSMB fork do not handle Topic IDs the right way. They always return Topic ID 0x0001.

The specification talks about predefined topics, but I haven't seen anything on the RSMB's docs.

Is there any other working MQTT-S(N) broker out there besides RSMB? Or a working fork, maybe?

I'm willing to make it work, if necessary. That situation just sucks.

Adam Renner

May 3, 2016, 1:38:17 PM5/3/16
to MQTT
I believe that this open source version of RSMB worked fine a couple years ago when I was using it:
http://git.eclipse.org/c/mosquitto/org.eclipse.mosquitto.rsmb.git/

You may also want to try out Mosquitto because MQTT-SN support was planned at one time and may be implemented.