MQTT Topic Browser

Matthias Böhmer

Jan 15, 2015, 2:08:39 PM1/15/15
to mq...@googlegroups.com
I am looking for a tool that allows me to browse through all the topics maintained on a broker. Ideally this would be a web frontend that allows me to navigate through the topic hierarchy of messages that have been send. Any ideas? Cheers, Matthias

Roger Light

Jan 15, 2015, 2:39:16 PM1/15/15
to mq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matthias,

Probably not exactly what you're after, but the link
http://test.mosquitto.org/sys/ has a web based visualisation of
messages coming in to a broker.

Cheers,

Roger
> --
> To learn more about MQTT please visit http://mqtt.org
> ---

Stefano Costa

Jan 15, 2015, 2:43:56 PM1/15/15
to mq...@googlegroups.com
Messages sent in the past as a general rule are not recorded as "know topic" or anything similar, from the broker point of view. Of course one particular implementation could do this but I'm not aware of anything similar on existing brokers. You should add your client subscribing to "anything", storing topics on some persistent storage (we do this with demons that save topics to a database, and a Ruby ActiveAdmin web app that lets users navigate on topics)

--
  Stefano Costa
  R&D, Managing Director

Il giorno 15/gen/2015, alle ore 20:08, Matthias Böhmer <matbo...@gmail.com> ha scritto:

I am looking for a tool that allows me to browse through all the topics maintained on a broker. Ideally this would be a web frontend that allows me to navigate through the topic hierarchy of messages that have been send. Any ideas? Cheers, Matthias

Matthias Böhmer

Jan 15, 2015, 4:22:15 PM1/15/15
to mq...@googlegroups.com

Hi Rodger, that one looks interesting! Is it available somewhere? Best, Matthias

Roger Light

Jan 15, 2015, 6:18:42 PM1/15/15
to mq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matthias,

Just grab what you need from the links in "view source", or go to
Ben's page where it came from originally:

http://www.hardill.me.uk/wordpress/2013/03/24/d3-mqtt-tree-visualiser-updated/

Cheers,

Roger