new mqtt web interface

Sebastian Raff

Oct 21, 2015, 12:14:11 PM10/21/15
to MQTT
Hi!

I built a little web based tool for publishing and subscribing with a comfortable User Interface. Maybe it's useful for some of you: https://github.com/hobbyquaker/mqtt-admin

Regards,
Sebastian

Dominik Obermaier

Oct 21, 2015, 1:41:35 PM10/21/15
to mq...@googlegroups.com, Sebastian Raff
Hi Sebastian,

this is very useful, thanks!

One suggestion: It would be very useful if you could add a list of public brokers (iot.eclipse.org, mqttdashboard.com, test.mosquitto.org) to the connection screen, so users can get started quickly without setting up their own broker.

All the best,
Dominik
--
To learn more about MQTT please visit http://mqtt.org
---

Sebastian Raff

Oct 21, 2015, 3:55:15 PM10/21/15
to MQTT, bast...@googlemail.com
will do that - as soon as I found a better concept for my subscription handling. Until now mqtt-admin is doing something nasty: it subscribes to # and receives all retained topics on startup - this seems to be too much for the browser, these public brokers contain quite a number of retained topics and large payloads, something that is much more harmless on my private broker ;-)
I'm doing this to build a topic tree for the auto-completions and for having fast access to all topics including payloads in the status tab, but I'm already planning to improve that.

Regards,
Sebastian

Matthias Böhmer

Oct 22, 2015, 8:35:19 AM10/22/15
to mq...@googlegroups.com
I compiled a list of public brokers here:
http://moxd.io/2015/10/public-mqtt-brokers/
Please let me know if I am missing any.

Best,
Matthias
--
Prof. Dr. Matthias Böhmer

Institut für Informatik
Mobile und Verteilte Architekturen
TH Köln, Campus Gummersbach
Steinmüllerallee 1, 51643 Gummersbach

matthias...@th-koeln.de
http://matthiasboehmer.de

Yodit Stanton

Oct 23, 2015, 4:36:31 AM10/23/15
to MQTT
Hi Matthias,

Can you add opensensors.io? The mqtt broker is mqtt.opensensors.io, we require client-id and device password for connection. though

Hi Sebastian

That's really handy well done.  It would be good to have the ability to add client-id and password for those that require auth!

Regards,

Andrea Selva

Oct 23, 2015, 4:41:18 AM10/23/15
to mq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yodit,
probably for Matthias page it's needed also the broker type, Mosquitto, Mosca, HiveMQ or something else.

 Regards

  Andrea

Matthias Böhmer

Oct 23, 2015, 4:42:51 AM10/23/15
to mq...@googlegroups.com
Actually I am not sure if I would add a broker with user/pass to the
list, since this takes some effort for registration. I rather think of
"public" like an anonymous FTP server.

Sebastian Raff

Oct 24, 2015, 11:39:41 AM10/24/15
to MQTT
Hi Yodit,

thanks for the feedback!

I just released mqtt-admin v1.0.0-beta.3 which adds support for auth, SSL and configurable client id. I also added the test-servers as suggested by Dominik.

If someone got more suggestions/wishes/critics/questions - I'm always glad to get feedback of any kind :)

Regards,
Sebastian

Michael O'Toole

Nov 19, 2015, 5:03:15 AM11/19/15
to MQTT
What would be involved in getting it to work in a localhost environment?

Mike

Sebastian Raff

Jan 21, 2016, 9:15:15 AM1/21/16
to MQTT

On Thursday, November 19, 2015 at 11:03:15 AM UTC+1, Michael O'Toole wrote:
What would be involved in getting it to work in a localhost environment?

Nothing special. You just have to download the release zip, unzip it and put it on a Webserver. The only thing is that you can't open it from a file:// URL, it has to be a http(s):// URL - so a Webserver is a must-have.

Regards,
Sebastian

Andy Piper

Jan 21, 2016, 11:42:44 AM1/21/16
to mq...@googlegroups.com
This information could also be added to the MQTT wiki here:

--
To learn more about MQTT please visit http://mqtt.org
---

Andy Piper | Kingston upon Thames, London (UK)
blog: http://andypiper.co.uk   |   skype: andypiperuk
twitter: @andypiper  |  images: http://www.flickr.com/photos/andypiper