Mosquitto_publish does not send messages immediately.

Charles Smith

Sep 16, 2015, 5:09:08 AM9/16/15
to MQTT
Hi,

I'm writing code that uses mqtt.
What I discovered is that when making a Mosquitto_publish() call, the message doesn't seem to be sent immediately.
I realised this when I exited the program and discovered that no messages were sent to the subscribed clients.
However if I don't exit the program then the message is sent when Mosquitto_loop() is called again.

Am I missing something here.

Thanks for any help.

Nicholas O'Leary

Sep 16, 2015, 5:56:54 AM9/16/15
to mq...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

you may want to ask that on the mosquitto mailing list. This list is about the protocol, not specific implementations.

Regards,
Nick

--
To learn more about MQTT please visit http://mqtt.org