Looking to connect thousand of devices as publishers - does this make sense?

Tim McClure

Apr 29, 2015, 8:32:38 PM4/29/15
to mq...@googlegroups.com
I am connecting 10,000s of devices to the Internet across MQTT.  I plan on communicating to these devices through individual topics the devices will publish their own individual topics.  Is this approach widely used and considered feasible?

Tim

Hans Jespersen

May 26, 2015, 11:49:27 AM5/26/15
to mq...@googlegroups.com
Definitely it is feasible. If you run MQTT over secure web sockets then that is a very widely used communications pattern on the Internet and has been proven to scale to millions of endpoints.

-hans