Does Mosquitto support MQTT-SN or just RSMB?

Ryan Benoit

Jun 10, 2015, 12:03:38 PM6/10/15
to mq...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I just wanted to clarify whether Mosquitto provided support for MQTT-SN as stated in it's description:

Mosquitto provides a lightweight server implementation of the MQTT and MQTT-SN protocols, written in C.

I was originally under the impression that RMSB was the only broker that provided support, but this makes me think otherwise. Ideally Mosquitto would be a better option as it seems to be more actively maintained and has a much wider user base.

If Mosquitto does support MQTT-SN, is there somewhere in the config that I need to change to enable that support.

Thanks so much for you help.

Regards,

Ryan

This e-mail communication is confidential and legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify me at the telephone number shown above or by return e-mail and delete this communication and any copy immediately. Thank you.

Roger Light

Jun 10, 2015, 12:28:55 PM6/10/15
to mq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ryan,

The blurb there means mosquitto the project as a whole on Eclipse, which includes the RSMB broker. The mosquitto broker doesn't yet support MQTT-SN. I agree that's not exactly clear. It needs some internal changes before it is a good idea - that is something that is being worked on.

Cheers,

Roger

--
To learn more about MQTT please visit http://mqtt.org
---

Kuro Shiroi

May 6, 2020, 4:17:50 PM5/6/20
to MQTT
Hello

i want to ask,is Mosquitto right now support for MQTT-SN? or still not supported?

if not can you tell me what MQTT broker right now that support MQTT-SN on Windows and can implemented to Arduino?

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 5:03 PM, Ryan Benoit <ryan....@pumpwell.ca> wrote:
[...]

Krishna Kumar

Aug 25, 2023, 7:59:20 PM8/25/23
to MQTT
Hi all,

I am working on the implementation of MQTT over BLE. Can someone help me with this?

Regards,
Krishna