Current status of MQTT

Mark Wills

Dec 14, 2016, 4:31:14 AM12/14/16
to MQTT
Hello,

This is my first post to this group. I was looking into MQTT yesterday evening and have been extremely impressed with what I have seen on the web and on YouTube.

I was just wondering if MQTT is still being actively developed? I ask because the last news item on mqtt.org is dated November 7th 2014.

Thanks

Mark

Paul Fremantle

Dec 14, 2016, 4:40:08 AM12/14/16
to mq...@googlegroups.com
MQTT is now being developed by a Technical Committee at OASIS. There is a v5 of MQTT in progress.
There is a draft available here:

There is also a lot of work going on in implementations. If you search Github you will find more than 5000 repos.

Paul

--
To learn more about MQTT please visit http://mqtt.org
---

Paul Fremantle
Doctoral Researcher, University of Portsmouth, School of Computing
Visiting Scientist, Institute of the Architecture of Application Systems, Stuttgart
Visiting Lecturer, Software Engineering Programme, Oxford University
Co-Founder, WSO2
Apache Member and Committer
twitter: pzfreo / skype: paulfremantle / blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org