MQTT save data?

Edward Vega

Feb 22, 2017, 12:00:01 PM2/22/17
to MQTT
Hi,I dont understand a thing:
1. the broker is in the ability to save the information, for after send to  a subscriber ?
2. Or Is It all in real time?
3. A question for solution this, for example, I have that develop a code that it conects as subscriber and saved the information?
Help me, please!
Message has been deleted

ran...@bevywise.com

Feb 22, 2017, 11:53:49 PM2/22/17
to MQTT
Hi Edward ,

It depends on your implementation.

As of now we store just the received messages in the broker and we are working on storing the sent messages.  Again the storage is optional, whether you want to build a broker which just moderates the packets or you want to build a server that analyse and  transforms the data before it is sent to the subscriber.

Building a separate client that subscribes to all the messages from the brokers and stores it is another option. When you do this kind of storage,  you may mist the number of clients that received the messages and the exact timestamp of message receipt.

You can analyse and decide.

Best,
Ranjith
CEO , Bevywise Networks

Edward Vega

Feb 27, 2017, 4:50:45 PM2/27/17
to mq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ranjith,

thanks for your help.

--
To learn more about MQTT please visit http://mqtt.org
---

Cordialmente,

Edward D. Vega
Ingeniero Mecatronico

Andrea Selva

Feb 28, 2017, 1:45:30 AM2/28/17
to mq...@googlegroups.com

Il giorno 22/feb/2017 18:00, "Edward Vega" <warxe...@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Hi,I dont understand a thing:
> 1. the broker is in the ability to save the information, for after send to  a subscriber ?

Yes in 2 situations,when the published message has retained flag set or when a client has clean session set to false the broker must store the messages for later publish

> 2. Or Is It all in real time?
> 3. A question for solution this, for example, I have that develop a code that it conects as subscriber and saved the information?

No you just subscribe with clean session false