Working draft 8 of the new MQTT 5.0 specification

瀏覽次數:79 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Ian Craggs

未讀,
2016年10月27日 上午9:02:212016/10/27
收件者:MQTT

The latest working draft of the new MQTT 5.0 specification is available from: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/mqtt/documents.php?folder_id=2741

At this stage, we think there is mostly word-smithing left, that we have most if not all of the content.  We'd really like some early feedback on the document, as it is relatively easy to make changes now.  Once it gets to the official public review stage, it gets much more time-consuming.

Thanks!

Ian

Paul Fremantle

未讀,
2016年10月27日 上午9:05:042016/10/27
收件者:mq...@googlegroups.com
Ian

This URL requires OASIS credentials. Is there a version open to the public?

Paul

--
To learn more about MQTT please visit http://mqtt.org
---

Paul Fremantle
Part-time PhD student - School of Computing
twitter: pzfreo / skype: paulfremantle / blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
Co-Founder, WSO2
Apache Member and Committer
07740 199 729

Roger Light

未讀,
2016年10月27日 上午9:19:282016/10/27
收件者:MQTT
Hi Paul,

Try:

https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/documents.php?wg_abbrev=mqtt&show_descriptions=yes

Cheers,

Roger

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 2:04 PM, Paul Fremantle
<paul.fr...@port.ac.uk> wrote:
> Ian
>
> This URL requires OASIS credentials. Is there a version open to the public?
>
> Paul
>
> On 27 October 2016 at 16:02, Ian Craggs <icr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> The latest working draft of the new MQTT 5.0 specification is available
>> from:
>> https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/mqtt/documents.php?folder_id=2741
>>

>> At this stage, we think there is mostly word-smithing left, that we have
>> most if not all of the content. We'd really like some early feedback on the
>> document, as it is relatively easy to make changes now. Once it gets to the
>> official public review stage, it gets much more time-consuming.
>>

>> So please let the OASIS MQTT Technical Committee know what you think,
>> ideally on the mailing list:
>> https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=mqtt#feedback
>>

>> Thanks!
>>

>> Ian
>>

>> --
>> To learn more about MQTT please visit http://mqtt.org
>> ---
>

> --
> Paul Fremantle
> Part-time PhD student - School of Computing
> email: paul.fr...@port.ac.uk, pa...@fremantle.org
> twitter: pzfreo / skype: paulfremantle / blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
> Co-Founder, WSO2
> Apache Member and Committer
> 07740 199 729
>
> --
> To learn more about MQTT please visit http://mqtt.org
> ---

Ian Craggs

未讀,
2016年10月27日 上午10:13:292016/10/27
收件者:MQTT、ro...@atchoo.org

Frank Pagliughi

未讀,
2016年10月27日 上午10:49:012016/10/27
收件者:mq...@googlegroups.com
Is there a summary of the changes that the new spec is bringing in?

And I know I've been sleeping on the job, but was there a v4.0 that I missed?

Thanks,
Frank

Nicholas O'Leary

未讀,
2016年10月27日 上午11:03:262016/10/27
收件者:mq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Frank,

with the pre-standardisation v3.1, the CONNECT packet carried a single byte version number of 3

when we did v3.1.1, that version number got bumped to 4.

We decided to line up the version number between spec and the wire protocol, so the next spec version will be v5 and the byte on the CONNECT will be a 5.

Nick

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/mqtt.

To learn more about MQTT please visit http://mqtt.org
---