TLS/SSL certificates generation for broker and client and what config required in mosquitto.conf

Shrikant Lahase

Feb 19, 2016, 7:20:05 AM2/19/16
to MQTT
I have 2 broker and several clients.  I want to provide SSL/TLS security for this. I tried all links on google but none work.

Q. how to generate certificates and keys files for broker and clients. and  configuration required in mosquitto.conf file for both broker.
Q. Also for creating bridge...what needs to be done.?

John Askew

Feb 20, 2016, 8:56:01 AM2/20/16
to MQTT
Here are my notes to get certs working on mqtt. Servers are all raspi running debian. Sections in notes divide up creating CA, server cert and client cert. I removed bridge_CA_file. Hope it helps.

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=C0E30470EA1A826D!13343&ithint=onenote%2c&app=OneNote&authkey=!AMdB01uDXBmmwUU

Shrikant Lahase

Mar 12, 2016, 2:11:51 AM3/12/16
to mq...@googlegroups.com
hi john,

thanks for your notes...
it helped me alot.
i succeeded  in setting ssl/tls protection in my system.
i have  some questions regarding client certifcates, that i will asked some other day.

thanks once again

Regards,
shrikant

--
To learn more about MQTT please visit http://mqtt.org
---

John Askew

Mar 12, 2016, 11:25:45 AM3/12/16
to mq...@googlegroups.com

Nice. Let's compare notes some day. Using Node-Red for controlling file xfer. I nodded an sftp package to use port 443 and ask for certs prior to allowing down load.

Hope to hear from you soon,

John

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MQTT" group.

Shrikant Lahase

Apr 5, 2016, 7:06:43 AM4/5/16
to mq...@googlegroups.com
Hi ,tes

I am having some issue in setting ssl/tls on my system with public ip. I want to refer your notes, but
your one drive link is not opening . Can you please once again upload your notes

Thanks,
shrikant

Shrikant Lahase

John Askew

Apr 5, 2016, 7:02:52 PM4/5/16
to mq...@googlegroups.com

Will resend link within a day.

Paul Dreslinski

Apr 27, 2016, 2:20:44 PM4/27/16
to MQTT
can you share this again.  I'm trying to set it up and it keeps failing.  Trying to use mosquitto with TLS with a node-red client.  Any help is greatly appreciated.