Cpp sample Makefile editing

marco datola

Sep 3, 2016, 11:52:15 AM9/3/16
to MQTT
Hi all,

I'm new to C++ and I've been trying to combine the two samples (async_publish, async_subscribe) provided with the paho mqtt library in one class.

I'm trying to have better understanding of the /src/samples/Makefile in order to link/include the MyClass.h and MyClass.cpp file in the best way.

I assume the two lines in which the .h and .cpp files of the MQTT library are linked are the following

CXXFLAGS
+= -Wall -std=c++0x
CPPFLAGS
+= -I...$(PAHO_C_INC_DIR)

could someone please clarify the syntax in the first line please?

I tried simply adding

CXXFLAGS
+= -Wall -std=c++0x MyClass.h
CPPFLAGS
+= -I...$(PAHO_C_INC_DIR) MyClass.cpp

and, although it did compile, when I tried running the program the first time I received a
-bash: ./ProgramName: Permission denied error.

after running
chmod u+x ProgramName
bash is unable to execute binary file.

Thanks in advance for consideration!