Topic Symliks

ctm

Dec 18, 2015, 5:56:04 AM12/18/15
to MQTT
The hardware world is very different from the way humans perceive the world and this will also be the case for IoT.

Is there a way to create symlinks of topics so that topic RasPi2B/e79e682355/I2C/2eeb209902/temp can be mapped to topic MyHous/MyRoom/CeilFan/Temp?

I know that one could subscribe and republish, but that would seem a waste of resources.  Do brokers not do this internally in any case to increase efficiency?

The use of symlinks would make much sense in a service -provider and -consumer model.  A vendor might publish VIN7746889237456/Bosch77EM/CO2/S32 and I will like to consume it as FarmerBrown/Tractor994/CO2Emission.  This will allow the service provider to maintain his plant and the consumer to claculate how much CO2 is consumed per widget sold.

Is there any ideas around this?

Roger Light

Dec 19, 2015, 5:10:17 AM12/19/15
to mq...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You can achieve this entirely in the broker if you bridge the broker to itself.

Cheers,

Roger
> --
> To learn more about MQTT please visit http://mqtt.org
> ---

Stefano Costa

Dec 19, 2015, 5:42:49 AM12/19/15
to mq...@googlegroups.com
This is a very interesting idea!

--
  Stefano Costa
  R&D, Managing Director

ctm

Dec 21, 2015, 12:10:08 AM12/21/15
to MQTT, ro...@atchoo.org
@Roger:  Yes, you could.

Will it not be more efficient and reliable if the broker did it?

c-:

Karl Palsson

Dec 21, 2015, 10:31:24 AM12/21/15
to mq...@googlegroups.com, Roger Light