MQTT datatype registry for topic

Stefan Stiene

Aug 21, 2016, 3:39:53 PM8/21/16
to MQTT
Dear MQTT-Experts,
I'm new to MQTT and I wonder if MQTT (especially the mosquitto implementation) has the possibility of a datatype registry. Some central point in the broker where I can register a certain datatype for a topic or request a datatype with the topic name (assuming that I have a 1:1 relation between datatype and topic).

Something like this:

dataRegistry.registerDataTypeForTopic("gps", GeoPose)
dataRegistry.getDataTypeForTopic("gps")

This would ease the control of bigger systems with lots of different topics as there would be the possibility to automatically check if a subscriber assumes the right data for a specific topic. This can be easly implemented with MQTT builtin tools but perhaps it already exists.

I hope I made my point clear ;-)
Kind Regards
Stefan