containerized MQTT broker with websockets

jaybr...@gmail.com

May 29, 2018, 2:21:09 PM5/29/18
to MQTT
Is there an MQTT broker that works with websockets "out of the box" and has a posted docker image with that capability?

Thanks,
Jay Braun

Andre Graf

May 29, 2018, 3:04:21 PM5/29/18
to mq...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jay,

docker run -p 8000:8000 -e "DOCKER_VERNEMQ_ALLOW_ANONYMOUS=on" -e "DOCKER_VERNEMQ_LISTENER.ws.1=0.0.0.0:8000" erlio/docker-vernemq

should get you started. Please make sure to checkout the VerneMQ docs about Websockets:

https://vernemq.com/docs/configuration/websockets.html

and about VerneMQ and Docker in general:

https://vernemq.com/docs/installation/docker.html

Hope this helps.

Best,

Andre (yeah, full disclosure I contribute to VerneMQ)

--
To learn more about MQTT please visit http://mqtt.org
---

jaybr...@gmail.com

May 29, 2018, 3:15:06 PM5/29/18
to MQTT
Amazing!  This is exactly the solution that I sent to my colleagues about the same time that I posted this question.  Thanks.

jaybr...@gmail.com

May 29, 2018, 4:46:35 PM5/29/18
to MQTT
So, if I enter the command exactly as shown, I get the error:

Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp 0.0.0.0:8000: bind: address already in use

We have been using ports 1883 (MQTT), and 9001 for websockets.  Also, should 0.0.0.0 be replaced by the address of the host?