Mosquitto sending messages even with QOS=0 and retained=false

shantanu...@gmail.com

Aug 16, 2016, 7:05:34 AM8/16/16
to MQTT
I have a HiveMq broker and Mosquitto broker installed on the same PC with different port number. And I have a NodeMCu wifi chip subscribed to a topic and connected to the Mosquitto broker.

Everything was working fine. Until I changed the configuration of Mosquitto broker to QOS=1.

Now even after i have changed the QOS back to 0 and retained still False, one particular message still gets sent on that particular topic everytime my NodeMcu Reboots.

I restarted the entire system many times. But every time the NodeMcu module boots up, one particular message is sent on one particular topic.

I don't understand what could be going wrong.

shantanu...@gmail.com

Aug 16, 2016, 8:11:37 AM8/16/16
to MQTT
Never Mind. I got it. I had sent a Retained message. And did not erase that Retained message. Hence that was uploaded every time I rebooted the NodeMcu module.