Workflow in case of Clean Session set to 0

bhatt...@gmail.com

May 3, 2017, 1:18:40 AM5/3/17
to MQTT
Hi,
Here I have one confusion regarding the flow when persistent connection is used.Suppose i am publishing packet with Qos 2.The communication si done upto PUBREL which is suppose sent by broker .After that the client disgracefully closes the connection and the corresponding Will messages are to be sent.But,After the client comes back online should I have to start from the begining or the client would start from where it was left ?
Thanks

Andy Stanford-Clark

May 5, 2017, 3:31:41 AM5/5/17
to mq...@googlegroups.com
Which way is the message going? From publisher to broker? If so, the PUBREL must be sent by the client (publisher).
It goes (from publisher to broker)...
--> publish
<-- puback
--> pubrel
<-- pubcomp

Andy

--
To learn more about MQTT please visit http://mqtt.org
---

bhatt...@gmail.com

May 6, 2017, 6:39:44 AM5/6/17
to MQTT

On Friday, May 5, 2017 at 1:01:41 PM UTC+5:30, andysc wrote:
Which way is the message going? From publisher to broker? If so, the PUBREL must be sent by the client (publisher).
It goes (from publisher to broker)...
--> publish
<-- puback
--> pubrel
<-- pubcomp

Andy
Ok thanks does the client preserve the previous state only when cleansession is set to false only ?

Andy Stanford-Clark

May 8, 2017, 8:45:11 AM5/8/17
to mq...@googlegroups.com
they store the state to enable them to resume the transfer of the message after a disconnect then reconnection, yes.

If you set clean session to true, broker and client must throw all that state away, and start the new session with a clean slate.

Andy