Authentication in MQTT

chintan patel

Apr 26, 2018, 12:50:05 PM4/26/18
to mq...@googlegroups.com
IS there any way so that we can do mutual authentication between publisher and subscriber?

On Thu, Apr 26, 2018, 10:14 PM <jaybr...@gmail.com> wrote:
The following call (I imported paho.mqtt.client) works if BROKER_ADDR is assigned a specific IP address, but fails if it is assigned 127.0.0.1 or localhost (out of desperation I even tried 0.0.0.0)

client.connect(
BROKER_ADDR, 1883)

Has anyone else encountered or solved this problem?

Note that I also tried importing socket and using socket.gethostbyname(socket.gethostname()) but that just returns 127.0.0.1

Thanks

--
To learn more about MQTT please visit http://mqtt.org
---

ran...@bevywise.com

Apr 27, 2018, 1:47:09 AM4/27/18
to MQTT
As far my understanding, you would like to have only a specifc topic communication between a specific subscriber and publisher. If this is the case, you need to go for advance authorisation where you allow topic based auth credentials.

We are planning to take this up next in our MQTTRoute.

Hope this helps. Do correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Thanks,
Ranjith
Bevywise Networks,