Cross platform support

Nikunj patel

Sep 17, 2015, 2:42:29 AM9/17/15
to MQTT
Hi,

I've a broker using C# library, and my published is using Embedded C.
But unfortunately my publisher can't communicate with the broker.

Dose it support cross platform for different publisher and broker?
Or any other problem?

Simon Platten

Sep 17, 2015, 2:56:43 AM9/17/15
to mq...@googlegroups.com
The protocol has nothing to do with the language implementation.  So you shouldn't have any issues unless they are using a slightly different protocol in each implementation.

If you want true multi-platform support then go for the Java implemenation which works really well.

--
To learn more about MQTT please visit http://mqtt.org
---

Nikunj patel

Sep 17, 2015, 3:02:26 AM9/17/15
to MQTT
Well, That's perfect.
Means, Embedded C (Publisher) have to follow same architecture as Broker?
I my case, My Embedded C (Publisher) is using Mosquito while Broker is hivemq. Can publisher communicate with Broker?

Simon Platten

Sep 17, 2015, 4:06:25 AM9/17/15
to mq...@googlegroups.com
As long as both implantation a follow the protocol specification accurately then they can be code in any language on and system.

Sent from my iPhone