MQTT Subscribe and publish Fail after some day

Chintan Patel

Jan 5, 2017, 1:57:35 AM1/5/17
to MQTT
Hello All,

We are working on one home automation project.

we facing some problem while testing with MQTT.
we use different topic for publish and subscribe.

Scenario:
--> we subscribe every 10 sec single topic
--> publish null packet every 1 min on other topic
--> unsubscribe and MQTT connection close open every 10 min
--> This process we repeat every time.

We need to subscribe every 10 sec because of we must be follow same scenario.

We test with different broker:

Issue:
After some day MQTT subscribe and publish fail.

Doubt:
--> Have any limit of number of time subscribe , unsubscribe and publish on single topic ???
--> May possible of subscribe and unsubscribe representation have broker limit ??

Need help for solving above issue.

Thomas

Jan 5, 2017, 5:44:22 AM1/5/17
to MQTT
Hi Chintan

I think it is worth pointing out that you are using test brokers here. They are not intended for production use, for instance the data will be available to anyone in the world who happens to subscribe to your topics)

I would suggest you install a broker (Mosquitto being a good choice) and read up on the various config parameters for it and make sure it matches your requirements.

Good luck,

Thomas