Connecting to AWS iot using Arduino MKR1000

andrew stillie

Oct 2, 2017, 7:57:28 AM10/2/17
to MQTT
I am putting together a simple logging system that will collect data from a temp/humidity sensor and push the data to AWS using MQTT.

I have created my thing on AWS, but now need to make the connection between my Arduino MKR1000 and the AWS broker.
I am assuming I can use the Arduino PubSubClient for this?

Can anyone point me at  relevant tutorial...Google does not appear to throw up what I am looking for.

Many thanks
Andy

Ravi Subramanian

Oct 2, 2017, 10:57:10 AM10/2/17
to MQTT
Andy

How are you connecting Arduino with the broker? Wi-Fi? You can use the PubSubClient.

Regards
Ravi Subramanian

andrew stillie

Oct 2, 2017, 11:17:43 AM10/2/17
to mq...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ravi,

I have created a simple MKR1000 app which works perfectly with the shiftr.io broker via WiFi
Now I am have big problems migrating to the AWSIOT system.  My problems are with certificates, public and private keys - I do not know how I embed these and which MQTT client to use.

--
To learn more about MQTT please visit http://mqtt.org
---

Regards,