duplicate packet identifier from paho client

kushal bhatta

Mar 7, 2017, 4:07:30 AM3/7/17
to MQTT
Hi,
I am testing my broker with the paho client.The thing i noticed was that multiple publish packets were sent from paho with same packet identifier without being acknowledged totally by broker.Is it a good behaviour that packet identifier can be sent same in multiple packets?

kushal bhatta

Mar 8, 2017, 9:10:45 AM3/8/17
to MQTT
hi,
What i mean is actually i am starting  a test bench with paho client and as soon as i start the test bench from the the same socket sends sends 3 disticnt packets but the packet identifer is the same in this case

kushal bhatta

Mar 9, 2017, 3:29:55 AM3/9/17
to MQTT
hi,
Sorry Am i stating any misleading statement here .I apologise for this actualy i am posting this according to the bevaiour seen in the wireshark tracer.

kushal bhatta

Mar 12, 2017, 12:13:17 AM3/12/17
to MQTT
hi ,
Am i stating any misleading behaviour here

Nick O'Leary

Mar 12, 2017, 3:35:20 AM3/12/17
to MQTT

If you think you are seeing a paho client incorrectly reuse client IDs, you should raise it with the paho project.

You will need to provide more information than you've provided here: a description of what you are doing, which client you mean (paho had clients in various languages) and what evidence you have to lead you to this conclusion.

Nick

--
To learn more about MQTT please visit http://mqtt.org
---

kushal bhatta

Apr 9, 2017, 4:15:12 AM4/9/17
to MQTT
Hi,
Sorry for late  response to this thread.I was seeing duplicate identifier from the different client and there was some misimplementation done from my broker end which gave that perception of same client having duplicate identifier.